Learning Communities help students immerse themselves in their creative pursuits outside of the classroom, making for a unique learning experience.
Members of a learning community will:
- live on the same floor as other community members
- participate in theme-related activities
- work together on a capstone project
First- Year Community
Students in this community live with other first-year students who are enthusiastic about making the most of their time at Emerson. This community is open to first-year students only.
- Live on a floor with other first-year students
- Alongside your floormates, take a one-credit course focused on college transitions and leadership development
- Enjoy fun activities with your hallmates, both in the dorm and in the city of Boston
- Complete a capstone project that acts as a culmination of your year together
Join this community if you: want to make twenty new best friends; could use some pro-tips adjusting to college life; want to jump into your time at Emerson head-first!
This community gives students an opportunity to not simply learn about film, but to surround themselves with fellow students who share that passion.
- Live on a floor with other film aficionados
- Be a part of the 48-hour film festival, working with friends to create a film in just two days
- Attend film screenings, equipment workshops, and more!
Past events include: film production workshops, resume workshops, movie screenings.
Join this community if you: enjoy impromptu conversations about the latest Scorsese film; want to meet the Joel to your Ethan Cohen; eat, sleep, and breathe movies.
This community is for students who want to develop their writing craft by immersing themselves in this pursuit. All genres and styles are welcome!
- Live alongside fellow authors
- Participate in writing workshops and literary events
- Publish your work in the Writer’s Block anthology
Past events include: visits to the historic Boston Public Library; film screenings of literary-themed favorites; an all-student reading from the Writer’s Block anthology.
Join this community if you: want to see your writing in print; have been meaning to start that novel you’re always talking about; want to be constantly inspired by your friends and neighbors.
Calling all performers! This community is perfect for actors, singers, dancers, musicians, and anyone else who wants to make performance a part of their daily lives.
- Live with other performers who are eager to collaborate
- Go to performances in Boston and participate in other activities with your floor
- Work with your floormates to create a capstone project, which is a performance of your creation
Past events include: open mic night, monologue workshop, Oscars viewing party
Join this community if you: loved putting on plays in your backyard as a child; want to unleash your inner theatre-critic; feel like performance is your life!