Resident Assistant Selection 2016-2017
The Office of Housing and Residence Life would like to invite you to participate in the upcoming Resident Assistant (RA) selection process for the 2016-2017 academic year.
Our office strives to hire and train an RA Staff that is:
- Sensitive to student issues and problems
- Able to confront difficult situations
- Committed to residence hall living
- Adeptly skilled at handling conflicts
- Actively maintaining a positive community and healthy relationships with their residents
- Representative of the diverse Emerson community; eager to support and enhance diversity within our residences
- Enthusiastic, dedicated, responsible, and composed of strong motivators
We don’t expect all candidates to be experienced in each of these areas, but we are seeking students who have the motivation and potential to become strong peer advocates.
RA Applications will be available online from December 1, 2015 through January 20, 2016: Complete the RA Application »
Please log on with your Emerson Username (first_last) and password. Once you have logged into the website click on “Job Posting” in the left hand column and that will bring you to the beginning of the application process.
RA Information Sessions (Information Sessions are not mandatory to apply.)
- Monday, October 26, Multipurpose Room, 7:00pm–8:30pm
- Tuesday, November 10, Multipurpose Room, 10:00am–11:30am
- Monday, December 7, Multipurpose Room, 4:00pm–5:30pm
- Thursday, January 14, Multipurpose Room, 4:00pm–5:30pm
Applications due by 11:59pm EST on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 (late applications will not be accepted)
Group Process (small group activities):
- Friday, January 22 from 4:00pm – 9:30pm
- Saturday, January 23 from 9:30am – 2:00pm
Decisions to Interview Sent: Monday, February 1
Individual Interviews: the week of February 8-12
- Interview team typically consists of a Pro Staff member and 1-2 RAs
Decision Emails Sent: Thursday, March 3
If you have any specific questions regarding the process, please do not hesitate to contact Seth Grue, Associate Director of Residence Life, at 617-824-8620 or email email@example.com.