Resident Assistant Selection 2017-2018
The Office of Housing and Residence Life would like to invite you to participate in the upcoming Resident Assistant (RA) selection process for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Our office strives to hire and train an RA Staff that is:
- Sensitive to student issues and problems
- Able to confront difficult situations
- Committed to residence hall living
- Adeptly skilled at handling conflicts
- Actively maintaining a positive community and healthy relationships with their residents
- Representative of the diverse Emerson community; eager to support and enhance diversity within our residences
- Enthusiastic, dedicated, responsible, and composed of strong motivators
We don’t expect all candidates to be experienced in each of these areas, but we are seeking students who have the motivation and potential to become strong peer advocates.
RA Applications will be available online until 11:59pm EST on Thursday, February 2nd: Complete the RA Application »
Please log on with your Emerson Username (first_last) and password. Once you have logged into the website click on “Job Posting” in the left hand column and that will bring you to the beginning of the application process.
*Applications will only be reviewed if you have attended an information session
RA Information Sessions:
- Thursday, January 19th 6pm MPR
- Tuesday, January 24th 9am MPR
- Wednesday, February 1st 2pm MPR
If you cannot make one of the info sessions. You must reach out to Resident Director Jessica Hearne at firstname.lastname@example.org or Graduate Assistant Lyndsey Aguilar at email@example.com to set up a meeting to go over information covered during the 3 sessions. You must reach out to us by January 24th if you know you cannot attend a regularly scheduled info session.
Applications due by 11:59pm EST on Thursday, February 2nd. (late applications will not be accepted)
If you have any specific questions regarding the process, please do not hesitate to contact Seth Grue, Associate Director of Residence Life, at 617-824-8620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.