Resident Assistant Selection 2016-2017
The Office of Housing and Residence Life would like to invite you to participate in the upcoming Resident Assistant (RA) selection process for the 2016-2017 academic year.
Our office strives to hire and train an RA Staff that is:
- Sensitive to student issues and problems
- Able to confront difficult situations
- Committed to residence hall living
- Adeptly skilled at handling conflicts
- Actively maintaining a positive community and healthy relationships with their residents
- Representative of the diverse Emerson community; eager to support and enhance diversity within our residences
- Enthusiastic, dedicated, responsible, and composed of strong motivators
We don’t expect all candidates to be experienced in each of these areas, but we are seeking students who have the motivation and potential to become strong peer advocates.
RA Applications will be available online from September 26, 2016 through November 28, 2016: Complete the RA Application »
Please log on with your Emerson Username (first_last) and password. Once you have logged into the website click on “Job Posting” in the left hand column and that will bring you to the beginning of the application process.
*Applications will only be reviewed if you have attended an information session or open office hours with RD Jess
Monday, Sept. 19th - 1pm Bordy
Sunday, Oct. 2nd -7pm MPR
Wednesday, Oct. 19th - 10am MPR
Wednesday, Nov 9th - 5pm
Monday Nov 14th 10am MPR
Open Office Hours in Piano Row Room 810:
Tuesday, September 20th - 8pm
Friday, Oct. 7th - 10am
Tuesday, Oct. 18th - 9pm
Friday, Nov. 11th - 11am
Thursday, Nov. 17th - 6pm
Applications due by 11:59pm EST on Monday, November 28th, 2016 (late applications will not be accepted)
If you have any specific questions regarding the process, please do not hesitate to contact Seth Grue, Associate Director of Residence Life, at 617-824-8620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.