Resident Assistant Selection 2017-2018
The Office of Housing and Residence Life would like to invite you to participate in the upcoming Resident Assistant (RA) selection process for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Our office strives to hire and train an RA Staff that is:
- Sensitive to student issues and problems
- Able to confront difficult situations
- Committed to residence hall living
- Adeptly skilled at handling conflicts
- Actively maintaining a positive community and healthy relationships with their residents
- Representative of the diverse Emerson community; eager to support and enhance diversity within our residences
- Enthusiastic, dedicated, responsible, and composed of strong motivators
We don’t expect all candidates to be experienced in each of these areas, but we are seeking students who have the motivation and potential to become strong peer advocates.
RA Applications will be available online from November 1, 2016 through November 30, 2016: Complete the RA Application »
Please log on with your Emerson Username (first_last) and password. Once you have logged into the website click on “Job Posting” in the left hand column and that will bring you to the beginning of the application process.
*Applications will only be reviewed if you have attended an information session or open office hours with RD Jess
- Monday Nov. 7th 2pm MPR
- Wednesday Nov. 9th 5pm Beard Room
- Monday Nov. 14th 10am MPR
- Monday Nov. 21st 7pm MPR
CAN’T MAKE THE INFO SESSIONS?
COME DROP INTO RD JESS’ OFFICE IN PROW 810:
- Thursday Nov. 10th 11am-12pm
- Thursday Nov. 17th 6pm-7pm
- Monday Nov. 21st 5pm-6pm
- Friday Nov. 18th 6pm-7pm
Applications due by 11:59pm EST on Wednesday, November 30th 2016 (late applications will not be accepted)
If you have any specific questions regarding the process, please do not hesitate to contact Seth Grue, Associate Director of Residence Life, at 617-824-8620 or email email@example.com.