Housing Selection Process
How the Process Works
Notification of Status in the Housing Selection Process
On February 24, all students who remain active in the Housing Selection will receive an email to their Emerson email account indicating their status relative to the Housing Selection Process.
- For rising sophomores, this email will confirm that you are a rising sophomore and under the residency requirement.
Completing the online housing application by 11:59 pm EST, Friday, March 17
All students offered housing for 2017-2018 will need to complete the online application.
While completing this online application, students may choose to apply to:
- live in a suite with a specific group by participating in Full Suite Selection;
- participate in Gender Neutral Housing; or
- become a member of a Learning Community.
Students who fail to complete the online application by March 17 and sign the electronic housing contract will not be permitted to select housing for the 2017-2018 academic year, may not be permitted to move into the residence halls in August, and may lose their enrollment status at the College.
Students covered by the Residency Requirement who do not participate in the Housing Selection Process will be automatically assigned a room at the discretion of the Senior Associate Director of the Housing Operations staff.
Retrieving and reviewing the information collected via the online application
After 11:59 pm on March 17, Housing Operations will retrieve the applications submitted online to compare the demand of a specific selection type to the number of available rooms/suites for that selection type.
Because space is limited for Full Suite and Learning Community (LC) selection, some suite groups and some students looking to live in a specific LC will not receive approval for their desired selection. Students should refer to the Full Suite or Learning Community selection pages in order to determine who can and cannot participate in the preferred selection.
Notification of status within Housing Selection Process
Students will receive an email to their Emerson address notifying them of their status in the process on Monday, March 27. This email will let students know if they have received approval to select housing through their chosen method (e.g., Full Suite, Learning Community, or Gender Neutral Housing) or if they will select housing through Open Housing Selection.
On April 7, another email email will be sent to students informing them of their randomly assigned day and time in which they can select their room.
Attend Housing Selection Information Sessions
- Tuesday, February 21, 5:00-6:00pm: Housing Selection Information, Question & Answer Session, Multipurpose Room
- Wednesday, February 22, 3:00-4:30pm: Housing Selection Information, Question & Answer Session, Campus Center L151
- Monday, February 27, 5:30-7:00pm: Housing Selection Information, Question & Answer Session, Campus Center L151
- Tuesday, February 28, 4:00-6:00pm: Housing Selection Information, Question & Answer Session, Campus Center L151
Review floor plans to check out options for your selection type
Beginning early April, students will be able to view residence hall floor plans on the Housing website.
The floor plans will be useful to:
- help students identify which rooms will be available during the different selections; and
- determine location of a particular room along the hall (i.e., which direction it faces, proximity to lounges, laundry facilities, etc.).
Prior to selecting their room, students should review the floor plans, generate a list of preferences, and rank order them from first to last so they have a list of available housing options during their housing selection appointment.
Select housing for the 2017–2018 academic year
The email students receive on April 7 will identify each student’s selection time. At this day and time, students should log on to the online selection and select housing.