Professional Development Program
A partnership between the Office of Graduate Studies, the Office of Career Services and Alumni Relations, emersonNEXT is a unique program that fosters career exploration, planning and development in support of each of Emerson's graduate programs and students.
Students at the graduate level will engage with and learn from professionals and focus on topics relevant to career opportunities in their chosen fields and programs of study.
Throughout the academic year, emersonNEXT hosts events and programs geared towards networking, and connecting with alumni with a focus on the key areas:
- The Graduate Experience and Professional Branding
- Industry Insights and Career Education
- Establishing a Career Community in and beyond Boston
There are many resources available around Emerson to help you in your career search.
- Career Services
- Get information about setting up internships or conducting your job search.
- Find resources for career development and job search
- Visit LionHire
- Set up an appointment to meet with a career counselor.
- Informational Interviewing
- Graduate Student Association (GSA)
- Alumni Association
- Watch archived webinars given by Emerson alumni
- Lynda.com (Learn how to get a free account through Emerson as a student)
Previous NEXTchats have been recorded and are available for viewing for graduate students. After clicking on the linked NEXTchats, students will have to put in their username and password. The recorded chat will then launch.
NEXTchat — BBDO: What to Know
Hosted by Julia Pawling, MA’12
NEXTchat — The Business of Story: What the Future of Content Looks Like & How to Live Off It
Hosted by Terry Trespicio, MFA’02, VP of Talent and Business Development, 2 Market Media
NEXTchat - Chadwick Martin Bailey: What to Know
Hosted by Alyse Dunn, MA'12
NEXTchat — Coty: What to Know
Hosted by Daphnee Allen, GMCA '08
NEXTchat — FleishmanHillard: What to Know
Hosted by Jeffrey Weir, MA'03
NEXTchat — Google: What to Know
Hosted by Sammie Baime, ’08
NEXTchat - Rodale: What to Know
Hosted by Faye Brennan, '09