Take a quick minute and sign up to receive information about our academic programs, important updates regarding special on-campus events, and application notifications. Sign up today »
Graduate School Entrance Examinations
GRE or GMAT
Test scores required for programs listed below.
GRE score required
Communication Disorders Low-Residency for SLPAs
GRE score required
Integrated Marketing Communication
GRE or GMAT or
3+ years work experience
GRE or GMAT Test Waiver
The GRE or GMAT requirement is automatically waived for applicants who have completed a graduate or other advanced degree (MA, MS, MBA, JD, etc.) from an accredited college or university in the United States.
English Proficiency Examinations
TOEFL or IELTS
- Non-native English speaking applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores. Typically, successful applicants have the following minimum scores: TOEFL: 90 Internet-based, 577 paper-based, and 233 computer-based; IELTS: 7.0. Scores below our minimum requirements will be considered on a case by case basis, and may require additional submissions to demonstrate English proficiency.
- The English test (TOEFL or IELTS) requirement is automatically waived for international applicants who have completed a bachelor’s, master’s or other advanced degree (JD, PhD, etc.) from an accredited college or university in the United States. Test requirement waivers are automatically processed when an official transcript or foreign transcript evaluation is received by the Office of Graduate Admission.
- Students who attended a U.S.-sponsored undergraduate institution in a country other than the United States, The United Kingdom and its territories, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, or Canada and whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS test.
More information about applying as an international student is available on the International Student application instructions page.
Test Report Criteria
- Only test scores sent directly from the testing service will be considered official.
- Allow two to three weeks after your test date for your score to be received by Emerson. Please consider this when scheduling your test date, so that your score arrives before the application deadline.
- Applicants need only supply one test score for programs that require the GRE or GMAT.
- Test substitution is not allowed. Only GRE, GMAT, IELTS, and TOEFL are accepted.
Emerson College Test Codes
- GRE or TOEFL: 3367
- CSDCAS GRE: 7447
- GMAT: KGR-QS-94
Visit the GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, or IELTS website to learn more about the tests or to schedule a test date.