Current Undergraduate Students
As you look toward the end of your Emerson undergraduate career, we invite you to consider staying at Emerson to earn your Master of Science in Communication Disorders. We are proud to offer an early admission deadline and application fee waiver to current graduating seniors. Students from all undergraduate backgrounds are welcome to apply.
The MS in Communication Disorders at Emerson offers you the benefits of a large research university in a small college environment. Be a part of a nationally ranked graduate program at an institution you already know and love, and prepare yourself for an exciting career with clinical experiences both on and off campus. You can learn more about the program by visiting the MS in Communication Disorders website.
To take advantage of this opportunity, you must apply by November 2, 2015. Highly qualified candidates will be invited for an interview in November. Candidates will meet individually with members of the faculty. On campus interviews are highly encouraged, but Skype interviews are available for those applicants who are unable to meet in person. Applicants will be notified by early December 2015 if they receive early admission. Applicants who do not receive admission during the early application review period will still be considered for regular admission, no further action will be required. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.3 to apply.
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Completed application PDF
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended
- Professional resume
- Response to essay question:
Reflecting on your work, life, and educational experiences, describe, how did you decide to pursue a career in communication disorders/speech-language pathology? (Since we can’t interview all applicants to our program, this essay is our opportunity to get to know you. Let your personality shine through so that we are able to get a good sense of who you are.)
- Two letters of recommendation (for current Emerson CSD students—note that your recommenders must be from the Emerson CSD program) or three letters of recommendation (for all other Emerson seniors. At least two letters must be from Emerson faculty).
- Official GRE scores (The MS program is highly competitive, and it is unusual for an applicant to be admitted with GRE Verbal and Quantitative score of less than 50th percentile). The GRE is mandatory, so if interested, we encourage you to schedule your test date in plenty of time to make the deadline. Traditionally, it takes between about 2 weeks from the test date for the Office of Graduate Admission to receive your official scores. An application cannot be reviewed without this required credential.
We hope you’ll decide to extend your Emerson experience through graduate school and apply now! If you have any questions regarding the program, please do not hesitate to contact us at 617-824-8610 or firstname.lastname@example.org.