Financial Aid

Summer Assistance

Undergraduate students can apply for summer assistance. There are several different types of summer aid processes:

  1. Student who will be graduating at the end of the summer or in December immediately following the summer term are eligible to receive federal aid (grants and loans) for the summer term.
  2. Any student enrolled in at least 8 credits can apply for a private (non-federal) alternative loan for summer.

Below is a breakdown of how the application and disbursement process works for students enrolling in the summer term:


You should complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA and the Summer Financial Aid Application by April 13th in order to be awarded by the April 15th summer billing due date. If you register after April 15th, tuition payment is due at the time you register.


Although Summer is treated as two separate academic sessions, it is considered one financial assistance term and therefore, only one summer disbursement.

Our office considers the total number of credits taken during both Summer 1 and 2 terms when calculating eligibility. A student must be enrolled in at least 8 credits before any aid is disbursed. For example, if you take 4 credits in Summer 1 and 4 in Summer 2, your aid will disburse in Summer 2. If you take 8 or more credits in Summer 1, your aid will disburse in Summer 1.

Registration & Payment

Summer tuition payments are due April 15th.  If you register after April 15th, payment is due at the time your register.  Make a payment »

Prerequisite Courses Before Entering a Degree Program

When you enroll for required prerequisites, you are not eligible to receive most educational loan programs because you are not yet matriculated in a degree program. However, Emerson does have some programs for which you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.