Emerson Los Angeles

Registration & Payments


View your term calendar for class registration dates. You will need to visit eCommon and log in using your ECnet username and password. You should follow the online “Registration Instructions” on the Registrar’s website.

  • Fall and spring semester undergraduates must register for 16 credits.
  • Fall and spring semester grad students must register for a minimum of 8 credits and a maximum of 12 credits.
  • All summer semester students must register for a minimum of 8 credits and a maximum of 12 credits.
  • Every Los Angeles student must register for one 4-credit or one 8-credit internship; 2-credit internships are not an option.
  • Participants may not complete more than one internship during the semester.
  • Make sure you register for the appropriate internship in your major.

Complete any registration changes before arriving in Los Angeles. Drop/Adds will be allowed on a limited basis, and by petition only, once you arrive in Los Angeles.


Invoices will be released at the end of June for the fall term and the first week of December for the spring term. An invoice for the Los Angeles Summer Program will be released in May.

You must be financially cleared on all your accounts  to attend the program.

If you are currently paying under a deferred payment plan such as TuitionPay, keep in mind that the costs may be different than you had originally planned. You must make arrangements to deal with this discrepancy before departure. Contact TuitionPay directly or the Office of Student Accounts at 617-824-8655.

Make your tuition payment »

Financial Aid

Make certain your financial aid paperwork is accurate, complete, and submitted on time. Please email the Office of Financial Aid or call 617-824-8655 if you have questions. For financial aid dates and deadline visit the Office of Financial Aid.


There are work-study positions available at Emerson Los Angeles. Please visit the Student Employment office on campus. Make sure you bring all necessary documentation for completing I-9 and W-4 forms with you. Student employment paperwork can be completed at the Office of Financial Aid at 214 Tremont Street.

Withdrawal from the Program

If you decide, for any reason, that you must withdraw from the program you must submit formal notice in writing to the External Programs Office.

A phone call is not sufficient notification.

You must send written notice from your Emerson email account to la@emerson.edu.

The Getty Center

The Getty Center

Disney Hall

Disney Hall