Emerson Los Angeles
Move-In Information for students
Arrival in Los Angeles
It is essential that each student and/or parent read our Pre-Arrival Frequently Asked Questions.
All students are expected to arrive in Los Angeles for check-in on the arrival day and time slot they are assigned.
View our packing list recommendations.
If you need a reminder about what is allowed in the ELA Residence Hall, please check out the What to Bring section of the Emerson website. PLEASE NOTE that students are not allowed to provide their own microwave at ELA unless it's part of the microfridge rental. There are plenty of microwaves in the kitchen, though, so no worries!
Fall 2014 Move-Out Day
Saturday December 13th - students must check out by Noon
Spring 2015 Move-In Day
Saturday - January 10, 2015
Sunday - January 11, 2015
Housing assignments & move-in times will be sent to your ECmail account by 8pm EST on November 17, 2014
Spring 2015 Move-Out Day
Wednesday - April 29, 2015 - students must check out of ELA residence by 12 Noon
- A time-slot will be assigned to you by ELA Residence Life staff. You will only be allowed to move in during your scheduled check-in time.
- ELA Residence Life staff will email each ELA student move-in instructions via their ECmail account once housing assignments are completed.
Entrance to Emerson College Los Angeles
Check-in Process for Move-in Days
- Check-in will take place at the Ground Floor Parking accessible from Gordon Street (south of Sunset Blvd.)
Approach campus heading north on Gordon Street towards Sunset Blvd. The entrance to check-in is accessible via the Gordon Street ground floor parking area.
SEE DETAILED MAP »
- ELA Staff will direct you to a temporary unloading space and one of the RAs will escort you through the moving process.
- Guests with you will be given guest passes that will allow entrance to the ELA Center.
- Only one vehicle will be allowed into the unloading space per student. If you are planning to arrive in multiple vehicles, please contact ELA residence life in advance.
- You will meet with ELA Residence Life Staff in the building’s lobby to sign your housing contract and pick up your room key.
BRING YOUR EMERSON ID CARD!!!
KEEP IN MIND THE FOLLOWING
- Be realistic about travel time
- No early arrivals allowed
- Late arrivals may have to wait a while before there is a break in the schedule
You will purchase textbooks and materials for your classes in Los Angeles.