Emerson Los Angeles
Move-In Information for students
Arrival in Los Angeles
It is essential that each student or parent read our Pre-Arrival Frequently Asked Questions.
All students are expected to arrive in Los Angeles for check-in on the arrival day they are assigned.
View our packing list recommendations.
FALL 2014 - Move-In Days
FALL 2014 - Move-Out Day
Saturday December 13th - students must check out by Noon
MOVE IN TIME
- Turi Daoust, ELA Residence Director, will email all ELA students the link for move-in sign up times.
- There will be one-hour blocks of time on each move-in day.
- You will be locked into the time you select.
- First come-first served.
- The link will be emailed to you by ELA Housing Staff
- Every ELA student must sign up for a move in time.
Check-in will take place at the Ground Floor Parking accessible from Gordon Street (south of Sunset Blvd.)
Entrance to Emerson College Los Angeles
CHECK-IN PROCESS for move-in days
- You will only be allowed to move in during your scheduled check-in time. Students who arrive before or after their scheduled move-in time will not be allowed access to the building until a break in the schedule allows (or during late check-in).
Approach campus heading north on Gordon Street towards Sunset Blvd. The entrance to check-in is accessible via the Gordon Street ground floor parking area.
SEE DETAILED MAP
- ELA Staff will direct you to a temporary unloading space and one of the RAs will escort you through the moving process.
- Guests with you will be given guest passes that will allow them entrance to the ELA Center.
- Only one vehicle will be allowed into the unloading space per student. If you are planning to arrive in multiple vehicles, please contact ELA residence life in advance.
- You will meet with ELA Residence Life Staff in the building’s lobby to sign your housing contract and pick up your room key.
BRING YOUR EMERSON ID CARD!!!
KEEP IN MIND THE FOLLOWING
- Be realistic about travel time
- No early arrivals allowed
- Late arrivals may have to wait a while before there is a break in the schedule
You will purchase textbooks and materials for your classes in Los Angeles.