Emerson Los Angeles
How to Apply to the Program
- Students apply to the program one year in advance of study. Apply here.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.70 GPA to apply.
- Undergraduate students must have a minimum of 40 credits completed to be eligible to apply.
- The online application to ELA SUMMER & FALL 2015, and ELA SPRING 2016 will be available October 1st.
- The deadline to apply to these programs is December 1st.
- Decisions are expected to be released before the end of December.
The Los Angeles Program is only available to qualified juniors, seniors, and graduate students.
- Evaluation Criteria: The ELA application is a merit based application system. An applicant's GPA and class standing will be taken into consideration, along with the online recommendation given by 2 Emerson professors of the student's choosing. An outside reader will evaluate the applications and answers to the essay questions and make recommendations for acceptance to ELA program administrators.
- Qualifications: The Los Angeles Program is open to juniors, seniors, and graduate students in good social standing. We strongly recommend, however, that undergraduate applicants apply in the fall of their junior year for admission during their senior year. The minimum cumulative grade point average requirement is 2.7.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 40 credits completed to apply.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee acceptance.
- Applicants may apply for one term only: Applying for multiple terms is not an option. Make certain you apply for the correct term, as changing terms at a later date will move your application to the bottom of the waitlist for that term.
- Program Deposit: Upon approval to attend, a nonrefundable and nontransferable program deposit of $300 is required. Spaces are not held for applicants, even approved applicants, without a confirmation deposit.
- Meals: There is no food service at ELA. Fall, spring and summer semester students will receive board bucks as part of their housing cost. Students can use board bucks to purchase meals at the Emerson Cafe on site, or at local neighborhood restaurants. There is a common kitchen for student use.
- Housing: On-campus housing is mandatory for undergraduate students and optional for graduate students and students over the age of 24. ELA offers single and double rooms only. The rooms are in suites with a shared bathroom.
New Transfer Student Applicants
Because you do not yet have a cumulative GPA at Emerson, you may not be able to access the online application form. Please contact David Griffin, Director of International Study and External Programs, if you encounter this difficulty. Also, you'll need to submit an official copy of your previous college transcript to the International Study and External Programs Office. Please request that it be mailed to:
International Study and External Programs
120 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116
In order to pursue a course of study at a U.S. institution of higher education, you need to maintain an appropriate immigration status. Please consult with David Griffin, Director of International Study and External Programs, or the U.S. consulate in your home country for requirements and procedures.