Emerson Los Angeles
Although the March 8th Gala to celebrate the opening of Emerson College Los Angeles has sold out, we invite you to watch it live starting at 8pm (PST) / 11pm (EST).
Highlights will include alumni and student performances, remarks from members of our illustrious host committee, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, Emerson President Lee Pelton, Emerson President emerita Jackie Liebergott, and much, much more. Full details follow.
Gala Host Committee
- Tom Bergeron P '12
- Larry David P '16
- Vin Di Bona '66, H '94, chair, The Future Has Your Name On It! Campaign
- Doug Herzog '81 & Noreen Farrell-Herzog '81
- Norman Lear '44, honorary co-chair, The Future Has Your Name On It! Campaign
- Ann Leary '85 & Denis Leary '79, H '05
- Maria Menounos '00
- Max Mutchnick '87, H '13
- Sofia Vergara P '16
- Henry Winkler '67, H '78
- M. Lee Pelton, president, Emerson College
- Kevin Bright '76, H '11, founding director, ELA
- Jeffrey Greenhawt '68, chair, Board of Trustees
- Daniel H. Black, P '07, chair, Board of Overseers
- Patricia Peyton Martell, '84, president, Alumni Association
[All times PST]
6:00 pm Purple Carpet Arrivals
6:00 – 8:00 pm ELA Tours, VIP Reception, Mingling, and More
8:00 – 9:00 pm
- Opening Performance
- A Welcome from Board of Trustees Chair Jeffrey D. Greenhawt
- A Word from Our Host Committee
- The Future Has Your Name On It!
- Welcome to LA, featuring Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti and 13th District Councilmember Mitch O'Farrell
- A Message from Emerson President M. Lee Pelton
- A Word from Jacqueline Liebergott, former Emerson College President
- "Emerson Mafia: The Movie"
- The ELA Story, featuring ELA Founding Director Kevin Bright
- Finale, featuring Performing Arts students and alumni
9:00 – 10:00 pm Cocktails and Conversation
- Small Group Tours of the building will leave from the lobby; last tour leaves at 9:30 pm.
The Future Has Your Name On It!
The Future Has Your Name On It! is the campaign for Emerson College Los Angeles. It is the College’s first multi-year effort to secure $20 million or more in private support from individual donors, foundations, and corporations. Reaching this lofty goal will require the most ambitious fundraising effort in our history — one that will touch and transform every aspect of the College. We are calling upon the thousands of alumni, faculty, staff, community members, parents, and friends who share our vision and are eager to help Emerson College fulfill its potential.To learn about naming opportunities within the center, starting at $10,000, please contact Campaign Director Patrick Smith at email@example.com.