Summer weather in Prague can be hot. Average temperatures in Prague are in the 70s but temperatures can go much higher on the hottest days. Prague summers have plenty of long, sunny days broken by dramatic, heavy thunderstorms. Some humidity and rain is common. It is wise to bring some extra sweaters as weather is changeable and can be a bit chilly some nights.
- Lightweight clothing
- A toiletry bag to carry soap, shampoo, etc.
- A bathing suit
- One good set of clothes for our welcome and farewell dinners is highly recommended!
- A few sweaters or a lightweight jacket when the weather becomes cool at night
- One pair of slippers or flip-flops for public pools, showers at the dormitory, etc.
- A credit card for emergency use
- A voltage converter for electric appliances that converts American 110V to European 220V
- An adaptor to adapt the American plug to the European plug
- An Ethernet cord for connecting your laptop to the Internet at the dorm
- A flash drive
- An external hard drive
- One pair of comfortable walking shoes
- Luggage locks
- A battery–operated alarm clock with extra batteries
- Prescription medication for the duration of your stay
- A pair of sunglasses
- A compact folding umbrella
- A phone, if you plan to call or text friends and family
- If you need a hairdryer: A travel-sized hairdryer with a dual voltage switch (110V/220V). Switch to 220V for EU voltage.