How to Apply to the China Exchange Program
- The program is open to sophomores, juniors, and first-semester seniors (freshmen and graduating seniors are not eligible).
- Enrollment is limited to two (2).
- Students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.7 at the time of application. Students may become ineligible if their average drops below 2.7 at any time or if they are on academic probation.
- Applicants will be screened and nominated by Emerson College, but acceptance decisions will be made by Communication University of China’s School of International Education.
- An interview with David Griffin, Director of Education Abroad and Domestic Programs, is required. After you have submitted all your application materials you will receive an email invitation to interview.
- Criteria: Class standing, cumulative GPA, written statement and faculty recommendation.
- Admission may close before the published application deadline—interested candidates should apply well in advance.
The China Exchange Program application process has two steps:
Application to the Host School: Communication University of China (CUC)
There are two ways you can submit the CUC Application form; but first you must download the CUC Application Form.
- Type in responses to the application questions on your computer and then print it out and submit it by hand to the EADP Office. (Don’t forget to sign and date the application).
- Upload your completed CUC application and the related documents to the Online Emerson College China Exchange Program application (see Step 2).
Please note that you must submit these 2 items in person to the EADP office:
- Two 32mm X 42mm color photos [official passport photos are best]
- Color photocopy of the inside page of your passport *
*Your passport must be valid 6 months beyond the date of your return to the United States.
Complete the online Emerson College China Exchange Program application.
- Type your written statement in the space provided on the application form.
- Attach one letter of recommendation from an Emerson College faculty member online; or submit it by mail, or deliver in person to the EADP Office.
- Optional: Upload CUC application form, Faculty Recommendation Letter, Passport Scan and Passport-size face photo (32mm X 42mm)
Once accepted to the program, you will be required to submit a $300 non-refundable, non-transferable confirmation deposit to secure your spot. Spaces will not be held for accepted applicants without a confirmation deposit.
The College reserves the right to withdraw this offering if it fails to generate sufficient enrollment. Participants should be guided by this policy when making travel arrangements. Emerson College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution.
In order to pursue a course of study at a U.S. institution of higher education, you need to maintain an appropriate immigration status. Please consult with David Griffin, Director of Education Abroad and Domestic Programs.