Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 Costs
Berklee Study Abroad - Valencia Spain
Fall 2016 - Spring 2017
|Entered Emerson before Fall 2015||Entered Emerson Fall 2015 and after|
|Tuition (Full Time 12 - 16 credits)||Undergraduate per credit cost is $1,251 for students who entered prior to Fall 2015 and $1,317 for students who entered in Fall 2015 and after.||
|Comprehensive Fee (details TBA)||$ 589||$ 589|
|Program Fee [New Fee] includes supplemental travel/health insurance [see below], student orientation, and cultural activities.||$ 516||$ 516|
|Berklee Valencia Residence Housing Single Room (cost does not include meals - students can choose to buy a meal plan - see below)||$ 4,100||$ 4,100|
|Berklee Valencia Residence Housing Double Room (cost does not include meals - students can choose to buy a meal plan - see below)||$ 2,760||$ 2,760|
|If your current health insurance plan meets State of MA mandated coverage requirements, you can deduct the cost of the Emerson health insurance plan from your bill. In order to waive this fee, you’ll need to fill out a Student Health Insurance Plan Online Waiver Form. Full Year Undergraduate (8/15/16–8/14/17)||
|ACE Travel Assistance Program||Emerson students will receive an ACE Travel Assistance Information Card from a Berklee Valencia program administrator during orientation week in Valencia. This insurance card will cover most healthcare expenses students may incur while participating in the Berkleee Valencia study abroad program. Prescription medication is not covered.||Included||Included|
|Estimated undergraduate charges for an Emerson student living in a double room [not including health insurance]||$ 23,881||$ 24,937|
ACE TRAVEL INSURANCE - EUROP ASSISTANCE PLAN An ACE Travel Assistance Program insurance policy and policy card will be distributed to the Emerson students during Orientation week. In addition to primary health insurance coverage, all Berklee Valencia students will be enrolled in Berklee's ACE Travel Assistance Program (free of charge), which provides coverage for certain personal, medical and travel services during the semester in Valencia. More details will be provided at pre-departure orientation in Boston.
Housing: Students will live in the Galileo Galilei Student Resident Hall located on the Polytechnic University of Valencia campus. Each room comes with a private bathroom, twin size bed (including a pillow, blanket and bedspread), desk, shelves, closet, chair, telephone, wake-up service, heat or air-conditioning depending on the season, Wi-Fi, and Internet connection. The cost of housing includes electricity, water, twice-weekly maid service, and a change of towels and fresh sheets each week. The residence hall has laundry facilities, one common t.v. room, study rooms, a gym, a music room, games room, photo lab, open-air terrace and a full kitchen on each floor. Galileo Galilei Residence is close to public transportation.
Meals: Students will have the options of purchasing a meal plan upon arrival at the student residence. There are different plans available: single meals, a half meal plan or a full meal plan. You are not required to purchase a meal plan. There are lots of options for good and cheap places to eat near campus and the residence hall.
Extra costs involved in attending the Berklee Study Abroad - Valencia, Spain Program
- Flight arrangements to/from Valencia, Spain - estimated at $800 - $1200 (based on round-trip airfare Boston-Valencia)
- Passport - estimated between $0 - $210
- Student Visa fee - estimated between $0 - $160
- Meals - @ $2,400. Estimated costs based on $20/day. An optional meal plan is available at the student residence for purchase.
- The Berklee Valencia campus has a cantina where students can buy breakfast or lunch.
- Local Transportation - estimated at $300.
- Cost of books and class materials - similar to the Boston campus. Although most books can be found in the Berklee Valencia campus library.
- Spending money entertainment and independent travel and activities, etc. - varies by individual. Students who intend to travel around Spain on free weekends should plan at least $2,000 in spending money for this.
- Cost of insurance for laptops and/or musical instruments you bring to Valencia
- There is an optional trip to Granada, Spain. The cost will be $570. Details of the trip and how to pay will be determined at a later date.
As of 3/30/16. Subject to Change.