Communication Management (MA)
With our Master of Arts in Communication Management, you will become a skilled communication specialist, adept at targeting individuals and communities through social media and emerging communication technologies. Choosing from our two concentrations, Political Communication and Public Relations, you will learn the role that culture, values, and ethics play in developing strategies and techniques required to construct credible messages that engage and persuade targeted publics. And, if you have qualifying prior work experience, you could receive up to eight credits (the equivalent of two courses) applied towards your degree through a faculty-reviewed, evidenced-based evaluation of your portfolio.
You will have the chance to:
- Formulate crisis communication plans, write speeches, and create digital content
- Conduct public opinion polls and organizational social media audits
- Analyze and gain insight into communities, cultures, lifestyles, and values of your audience
- Investigate how different styles of messaging delivery can engage and persuade
You will put all this into practice through real experiences, in the U.S. and around the world. Whether it's a political campaign in Los Angeles, crisis communication audits in Mexico, or a public relations capstone project in Barcelona, our students take on global communication challenges every day.
Ready to effect change? Apply today to our graduate program in Communication Management.
Download the Master of Arts in Communication Management eBrochure
- Fall or Spring admission
- 36 credit hours
- Full-time students usually complete the degree in one-and-a-half to two years
- Part-time students usually complete the degree in two to three years