Known for their creativity, professionalism and work ethic, our students and alumni are ready to add value to your organization. With campuses in Boston and Los Angeles, Emerson College Career Services looks forward to helping you attract our top talent through online job and internship postings, on-campus recruiting opportunities, and more.
To learn more and to discuss specific strategies, please contact our Associate Director of Employer Engagement and Marketing Blaine Butler at email@example.com.
Recruit talented Emerson students and alumni.
Employers can post available internship positions and jobs through LionHire, Emerson College’s online job database. There is no fee to register and post positions with Emerson College. Learn more about LionHire for Employers or establish your Employer LionHire account »
All LionHire accounts and postings are pending approval. Career Services reserves the right to deny any company or organization access to LionHire. Please be advised that new accounts and postings can take up to 3–5 business days to be processed.
Emerson’s recruiting season runs through the fall semester from September through December and through the spring semester from January through April. Employers are encouraged to spend a day on Emerson's campus to interview candidates.
p>Emerson College expects that interns will work within a professional office environment, with a commercial lease. As a member of the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), Emerson College also expects that their internship will follow the below criteria:
- The experience must be an extension of the classroom: a learning experience that provides for applying the knowledge gained in the classroom. It must not be simply to advance the operations of the employer or be the work that a regular employee would routinely perform.
- The skills or knowledge learned must be transferable to other employment settings.
- The experience has a defined beginning and end, and a job description with desired qualifications.
- There are clearly defined learning objectives/goals related to the professional goals of the student’s academic coursework.
- There is supervision by a professional with expertise and educational and/or professional background in the field of the experience.
- There is routine feedback by the experienced supervisor.
- There are resources, equipment, and facilities provided by the host employer that support learning objectives/goals. Students should not provide their own computer, cell phone, camera, or any other equipment for duties related to their internship.
For information about unpaid or paid internships, please visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s website on wages.
Each fall and spring semester, we coordinate a Career Fair for organizations to advertise internships and jobs and recruit Emerson students. Career fairs provide an opportunity to share company information, meet with prospective interns, and collect résumés from qualified students. Undergraduate and graduate students from all programs typically attend so you can count on a diverse and solid candidate pool.
Tables are limited and fill up quickly. Registration is done online by invitation only. The employer registration fee for for-profit organizations is $150 and for qualifying nonprofit organizations it is $50.
Emerson boasts an extensive internship program. Most of our internship sites are located in Boston and Los Angeles, but many of our students complete internships throughout the world in cities such as New York City, Washington D.C., Miami, Madrid, and Paris.
Employers interested in hiring Emerson interns can post internship opportunities online through LionHire. Remember, when posting your position, it is important to complete all profile fields to attract qualified candidates.