Performing Arts: Video Auditions
Although we strongly recommend scheduling a live audition if possible, the Department of Performing Arts does accept video auditions in lieu of live auditions from applicants living outside of the contiguous 48 United States.
How To Submit Your Video Audition
- Apply to Emerson College.
- Once you receive your Emerson College ID, log in to the Emerson Application Portal, and, under "Performing Arts Artistic Review," select "Access Artistic Review."
- Select “Schedule my Audition” from your Artistic Review Checklist and, on the scheduling page, find the link to Slideroom. Set up a free Slideroom account with your Emerson ID and upload your audition.
- For Theatre & Performance or Theatre Education & Performance applicants, your video audition must include two 2-3 minute contrasting monologues from two contemporary plays.
For Musical Theatre your video audition must include:
Two 2-3 minute contrasting monologues (one comedic) from two contemporary plays.
32 bars each from two contrasting musical theatre songs of your choice.
5-10 minutes of dance demonstrating technique in ballet, modern or jazz. The video should offer a representation of barre exercises or warm-up, center work, and traveling exercises. You may include a dance selection at the end of the video if you have some samples of performances. Be sure to identify yourself if there are several performers.
- Video Auditions must be uploaded to Slideroom by :
Early Action: November 30, 2015
Regular Action: February 22, 2016
Transfer Applicants: April 22, 2015 (Transfer applicants to Musical Theatre must submit their video audition by February 22, 2016)
- Go back to your Artistic Review Checklist and submit your résumé.
- Once Performing Arts has received your video audition you will receive an automated email confirmation that you have been “scheduled” into an audition (specific date and time) entitled “Emerson College Videotaped Auditions.” This audition time is a placeholder audition and is done to ensure that your application is not regarded as incomplete in your automated application checklist.
If you have questions regarding your Emerson ID or logging in to the Emerson Application Portal, please contact Undergraduate Admission at email@example.com or 617-824-8600.
If you have questions regarding the Department of Performing Arts or the Artistic Reviews, please contact the Department of Performing Arts at PA_ArtisticReview@emerson.edu or 617-824-8780