Service Learning & Community Action
Many student groups at Emerson are engaged in volunteer, social, or political action. Check out the Student Life list of political, service, and social advocacy groups. We've also listed a few organizations below.
- Alternative Spring Break: Spend your Spring Break in service to others.
- Best Buddies: Get involved with the Best Buddies program and offer your friendship to a person with intellectual disabilities.
- Earth Emerson
Emerson Action Day: Each April, students, staff, faculty, parents, alumni, and community partners participate in service projects around Boston. Following their morning of service, participants gather for a luncheon celebrating the Emerson service community and our community partners.
- Emerson Peace & Social Justice (EPSJ)
- Healthy Options Peer Educators (H.O.P.E.)
- Imagine Students Reaching Out
Jumpstart matches Emerson students with children at local preschools and Head Start programs. You will work 12 to 14 hours a week with your child, helping him or her build language and literacy, social, and initiative skills.
- Kidding Around is Emerson's children's theatre group that performs and provides unique theatre experiences exclusively for children. Emerson students can serve as directors, designers, producers, actors, writers, and media persons.
Office of Service Learning and Community Action (SLCA)
120 Boylston Street (Walker Building), 10th Fl, #1008