For the Record - Student Edition
Spring 2014 registration is almost here! Being prepared is one of the best ways to ensure a positive registration experience. Be sure to:
- Review the course listings. Pay special attention to registration restrictions and pre-requisites. Also watch for courses that note special approval is required from a specific department/coordinator to register.
- Determine your registration time.
- Read the registration instructions.
- Meet with your advisor (many students must get a PIN from their advisor to register – check the registration instructions to see if you need a PIN).
- Review your degree audit.
Have questions? Contact us! You can also find lots of information in the Courses & Registration section of our website.
Did you know you can have registration permissions applied before your registration time? If you're going to need permission to register for a class you want, check the Online Permissions Instructions and get it in advance!
Make sure you check your holds in eCommon, and, if you have any, resolve them before your registration. Many of the offices that remove holds (Health Services, Student Accounts, etc.) will not be open at 7 a.m. If you wait until your registration time to contact them, those offices will not be available to assist you.
Don't let pre-requisites and holds be unpleasant surprises. Be proactive and use your resources to resolve them in advance!
Midterm grades for undergraduates are now viewable on eCommon. Use this opportunity to see if you currently have a grade below "C" in any of your courses and respond accordingly.
If you receive a midterm grade, we strongly encourage you to contact your professor or advisor to determine the best course of action.
Wednesday, November 22 is the last day to withdraw from a course. In order to successfully withdraw from a course, you must review Emerson's Withdrawal Policy and submit a completed Course Withdrawal Form to the Student Service Center by 5 p.m. on November 22th.
Oct 28 - Midterm grades viewable
Nov 4 - UG and GR Advising begins
Nov 18 - UG & GR Registration
Nov 22 – Last day to withdraw from a course