For the Record - Student Edition
The Registrar's Office is delighted to welcome you—or welcome you back—to campus. To start the semester off on the right foot, please:
- Review your schedule on eCommon for errors.
- Check whether you have any holds on eCommon and resolve them, if you do.
- Determine whether any course you want to add has prerequisites or restrictions so that you can obtain the required permission(s).
- Be mindful of the Add/Drop deadlines.
If you're new to eCommon or just need a refresher, check out the instructions in our Forms & Instructions library online. It's a great resource for the coming semester and your whole Emerson career.
Unrestricted Add/Drop (Sept. 2 – 9): You may add and drop courses freely online. For step-by-step instructions, please refer to How to Add and How to Drop.
Restricted Add/Drop (Sept. 10 – 16): You must have instructor permission applied to your account to add any course online. You may still drop courses.
If you do not meet the requirements for a course, or the course is full, you may ask for permission to register for that course.
Who do you ask for permission?
Review the Errors and Permissions chart to determine whose permission you need. If there are multiple restrictions, you may need permission from multiple people.
What are the steps?
- Request permission from the appropriate person (see above).
- If permission is granted, the grantor will email their permission to their Department Assistant.
- The Department Assistant will apply the permission to your account and notify you via email.
- Once you receive this email, it is your responsibility to register for the course through eCommon. It is not automatically added.
See the Registration Permissions Instructions for more details.
Waitlists for Fall 2015 courses are no longer active as of 5:00 p.m., August 28th. As long as you meet all course prerequisites and other requirements, you may register for open seats in courses on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you are interested in registering for a ProArts course, please:
- Visit the ProArts website for available courses and cross-registration dates.
- Review the ProArts Registration instructions.
Please note that ProArts courses are worth the amount of credits that they are granted by their offering institution. For example, a 1.5 credit Berklee course will be worth 1.5 credits at Emerson.
First semester freshmen and graduate students are not eligible to cross-register for ProArts courses.
The Office of the Dean of Students requires that all students provide the College with emergency contact information. Please take a few minutes to complete the necessary emergency and missing person contact information on eCommon.
Sept 2: First Day of Classes
Sept 2-9: Unrestricted Add/Drop
Sept 9: Last Day to Register for a Fall Internship
Sept 10-16: Restricted Add/Drop
Sept 16: Fall 2015 Graduation Applications Due