For the Record - Student Edition
Summer course listings are now viewable online. Fall 2014 courses will be viewable online on March 10.
Please be sure to review course restrictions and pre-requisites when selecting your courses!
Fall Registration is rapidly approaching! Being prepared is one of the best ways to ensure a positive registration experience. Be sure to:
- Staring March 10, review the course listings, paying special attention to pre-requisites and registration restrictions.
- Determine your registration time.
- Read the Registration Instructions.
- Review your Degree Audit.
- Meet with your advisor and, if necessary, obtain your PIN. (Check the Registration Instructions to determine whether you will need a PIN to register.)
Summer 2014 registration opens online at 9:00 am on Monday, March 10 for both undergraduate and graduate students. Please carefully read the Summer 2014 Registration Information before registering.
Summer Semester Payment Policy:
- If you register from March 10 – April 14: Full payment is due on April 15, 2014. If your payment is not settled by the due date, your course(s) will automatically be dropped from your schedule. There are no exceptions.
- If you register on or after April 15: Full payment is due immediately. If your payment is not settled, your course(s) will automatically be dropped from your schedule. There are no exceptions.
Please review the Online Permission Instructions, as Emerson's permission policies remain in effect for the summer term.
Permissions: Did you know you can have registration permissions applied before your registration time? If you're going to need permission to register for a class you want, check the Online Permissions Instructions and get it in advance!
Holds: Make sure you check your holds in eCommon, and if you have any, resolve them before your registration. Many of the offices that remove holds (Health Services, Student Accounts, etc.) will not be open at 7 am. If you wait until your registration time to contact them, those offices will not be available to assist you.
Don't let pre-requisites and holds be unpleasant surprises. Be proactive and use your resources to resolve them in advance!
Midterm grades for undergraduate students will be viewable on eCommon on Monday, March 17. Undergraduates, this is your opportunity to see if you are currently earning a grade below "C" in any of your courses.
If you receive one or more midterm grades, we strongly encourage you to contact your professor or advisor to determine the best course of action.
Friday, April 11, is the last day to withdraw from a course or from the College.
To withdraw from a course, review Emerson's Course Withdrawal Policy and submit a completed Course Withdrawal Form to the Student Service Center by 5 pm on April 11.
To withdraw from the College, review Emerson's College Withdrawal Policy and turn in the appropriate paperwork by 5:00 pm on April 11.
In response to student and faculty feedback, the waitlist process for Fall 2014 registration has been modified.
You will be able to join a waitlist through Thursday, May 1. You will not be able to join a waitlist after this date.
Waitlists will continue to function through August 29, the Friday before classes begin.
March 1-9 - Spring Break
March 10 - Summer Registration Begins
March 17 - Midterm Grades Viewable
March 10-28 - UG and GR Advising
Mar 31-Apr 7 - UG & GR Registration