Contract courses such as directed studies and master's theses are available each semester. Requirements, credit limits, proposal deadlines, and other rules vary by academic department and type of course. Review the Course Catalogue and consult your department to learn more about creating proposals, working with instructors, etc.
To register for any contract course, the appropriate form must be completed and submitted to the Registrar's Office by the end of the add/drop period of the semester in which the work will be completed. Note: Directed study proposals are due to your department BEFORE the registration deadline.
- Directed Study Policies and Instructions
- Undergraduate Directed Study/Project Form
- Graduate Directed Study/Project Form
Note: Special permission and forms are required for directed studies in an External Program (e.g. Los Angeles, Kasteel Well). Do not use the forms above. Contact the Director of International Study & External Programs.
- PA Production Project Form - to register for PA 371, PA 372, PA 471, PA 472, TH 671, or TH 672
- PA Non-Tuition Practicum Form - to register for PA 271 (undergraduates only)