Auditing a Course
Students may register to audit a course on or after the first day of classes by completing the Permission to Audit Form.
- Students who wish to attend a class without working for or expecting to receive formal credit may register to audit the course.
- Students who audit a course may not participate in class, do not take examinations, and do not submit papers.
- Students may only audit lecture-type courses; students may not audit dance classes or voice lessons.
- Students must gain permission to audit a course from the course instructor and may not register to audit a course until the first day of classes in order to give priority to students needing to take the course for credit.
- Students may not attend any course without registering for either credit or audit.
- Students may not change an audit class to credit after the second week of classes.
All Emerson students and faculty are assigned a college email account. Your Emerson email account is our official means of communication with you. You are responsible for all information sent to your college email account.
Please check your account frequently for important reminders and notices.