Today’s journalists need to know how to report and produce news across all platforms—whether print, broadcast, or multimedia—and be as comfortable using words as they are using audio, video, and web. Emerson’s accelerated 13-month Master of Arts in Journalism emphasizes a convergent, multimedia approach to storytelling and news reporting, giving you the professional edge you need. Here you will learn how to tell stories that increase public understanding of complex news events while gaining the skills necessary to adapt to—and shape—this evolving field.
You will have the chance to:
- Produce stories in text, audio, and video as you hit the streets and report from day one of the program
- Gain hands-on experience in our state-of-the-art newsroom and production facility
- Complete an internship at a professional news organization
- Learn from faculty mentors who have built successful careers at CNN, CBS, NPR, The Washington Post, and more
- Live and learn in Boston—the birthplace of American Journalism
This program’s hybrid format allows you to begin and end your courses online, getting you out of the classroom and into the field that much sooner. Courses start online mid-summer, followed by two semesters on campus, culminating with a final 12-week summer capstone course online and an internship.
Want to jumpstart your career in multimedia writing and reporting? Apply to Emerson’s graduate program in Journalism today.
Download the Master of Arts in Journalism eBrochure