Los Angeles Summer Program in Magazine Publishing
How to Apply to the ELA Summer Magazine Publishing Program
- The Program is open to rising juniors, and seniors.
- Students who apply must have a publishing major, or minor. The program is also open to BA WLP students.
- Enrollment is limited to 15.
- Admission may close before the published deadline date. Applicants will be considered for acceptance as applications are received.
- A completed online application must be submitted.
- A minimum GPA of 2.70 is required to apply to the program.
- Academic standing is considered.
- Once accepted to the program, students must submit a $300 nonrefundable, nontransferable deposit to secure enrollment.
- The College reserves the right to withdraw this offering if it fails to generate sufficient enrollment. Participants should be guided by this policy when making travel arrangements. Emerson College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution.
- Mac users: Students have reported problems with the online application form using the Safari browser. To avoid these problems, use an alternate browser such as Firefox or submit your application on a PC.
New Transfer Student Applicants
Because you do not yet have a cumulative GPA at Emerson, you may not be able to access the online application form. Please contact David Griffin, Director of International Study and External Programs, if you encounter this difficulty. Also, you'll need to submit an official copy of your previous college transcript to the International Study and External Programs Office. Please request that it be mailed to:
International Study and External Programs
120 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116
In order to pursue a course of study at a U.S. institution of higher education, you need to maintain an appropriate immigration status. Please consult with David Griffin, Director of International Study and External Programs, or the U.S. consulate in your home country for requirements and procedures.