Prague Program Costs Summer 2014
As of 2/10/14 - subject to change
This summer program has a graduated payment schedule. Payments should be made online through our deposit site as follows:
- $300 program deposit (on acceptance)
- $2,500 before 3/10/14
- $5,000 before 4/14/14
- $3,180 before 4/30/14
*Estimated Cost of the program includes:
- Tuition (8 undergraduate or graduate credits)
- Housing: double room with en-suite bathroom
- All scheduled excursions (group travel and room costs)
- Class supplies and use of equipment
- Admission into art galleries and museums
- Daily breakfasts
- A welcome and farewell dinner
- A theater event
Individual participants will be responsible for:
- Obtaining a passport
- Most meals
- Round-trip airfare (A round trip ticket is estimated at $1,000–$1,800)
- Transportation to and from Prague Airport (estimated at $40 each way)
- Spending Money for the Prague Program, $1,500 - $2,000: Many students will spend more money, some will spend less; the amount you need depends on your personal travel style. A recent survey of former Prague film students revealed these averages for their time in the program:
- $ 750 on shopping, entertainment, nightlife, pubs, cinema, restaurants, etc.
- $ 150 on public transportation (buses, trams, subways)
- $ 550 on meals
- Health Insurance Coverage in Europe: Participants in the Prague Program must have an insurance plan that provides coverage while in Europe. If you feel your current insurance is not adequate, please research a plan that is. View the Health Insurance Requirements section.
If you don't have the mandated coverage required for participation in the program you can purchase supplemental insurance coverage through your insurance agent, or buy the EC Aetna Student Health Plan summer coverage for $455 if you are an undergrad. If you are a graduate student the cost is $676. The coverage runs from 5/1/14 - 8/14/14. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for this coverage.
FOR INFORMATION ON SUPPLEMENTAL HEALTH PLANS, PLEASE VISIT OUR HEALTH INSURANCE REQUIREMENT PAGE.
International Film Festival and world-famous spa town of Karlovy Vary
Cost of the program includes a two-night excursion to the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival, the most important international film festival in Central and Eastern Europe. The festival takes place in the center of the world-famous spa town Karlovy Vary, which is situated 70 miles west of Prague, close to the border with Germany.
Jim Lane leads students on a tour of the famous spa town, Karlovy Vary, during the group excursion to the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival.