Prague Program Costs Summer 2013
Cost of the program includes:
- Tuition (8 undergraduate or graduate credits)
- Housing: double room with en-suite bathroom
- All scheduled excursions (group travel and room costs)
- Class supplies and use of equipment
- International Student ID card (mandatory)
- Admission into art galleries and museums
- Daily breakfasts
- A welcome and farewell dinner
- A theater event
Individual participants will be responsible for:
- Obtaining a passport
- Most meals
- Round-trip airfare (A round trip ticket is estimated at $1,000–$1,500)
- Transportation to and from Prague Airport (estimated at $30 each way)
- Medical insurance (mandatory)
- Spending Money for the Prague Program, $1,250: Many students will spend more money, some will spend less; the amount you need depends on your personal travel style. A recent survey of former Prague film students revealed these averages for their time in the program:
- $ 620 on shopping, entertainment, nightlife, pubs, cinema, restaurants, etc.
- $ 35 on public transportation (buses, trams, subways)
- $ 325 on meals
- $ 80 on texts and phone calls
- Health Insurance Coverage in Europe: Participants in the Prague Program must have an insurance plan that provides coverage while in Europe. If you feel your current insurance is not adequate, please research a plan that is. Emerson College offers a summer insurance plan through Aetna Student Health that runs from May 1, 2013 to August 14, 2013. The cost of the summer plan is $366 for undergraduates and $544 for graduate students. Please contact Student Services to sign up for the plan.
International Film Festival and world-famous spa town of Karlovy Vary
Cost of the program includes a two-night excursion to the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival, the most important international film festival in Central and Eastern Europe. The festival takes place in the center of the world-famous spa town Karlovy Vary, which is situated 70 miles west of Prague, close to the border with Germany.
Jim Lane leads students on a tour of the famous spa town, Karlovy Vary, during the group excursion to the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival.