International Study & External Programs
The Office of International Study and External Programs is pleased to offer to Emerson College students the “London Now” program offered by the College of Global Studies at Arcadia University.
Arcadia University College of Global Studies has a 60-year history of offering quality study abroad experiences to students from all over the world.
This program runs from June 3 – July 27, 2013. Applicants must have a minimum 2.8 GPA to apply. The application deadline is March 31, 2013. Interested students must apply through Arcadia University.
Participants may choose up to 2 courses from the list below. The credits from these courses will be handled as transfer credits. Emerson College allows a total of 64 transfer credits towards your Emerson College degree. If you have already reached the 64 credit limit, you will not be able to count the Arcadia University courses.
The courses below have been pre-approved for credit by Emerson College. (4 credits each / 2 course maximum). Arcadia University will provide all program facilities, housing, and classroom space. The program length is 8 weeks (whether you choose to take one or two courses). A visa is not required for American citizens. Costs vary, depending on how many courses are taken and what type of housing is assigned. Additional expenses will include airfare to and from London, meals, personal spending money, transportation and books. Please review the cost sheets associated with this program.
Please view the Arcadia "London Now" Summer Course Offerings for more information:
- Enchanted City: Religious Experience in Secular London: 4-credit philosophy course that will fulfill Ethics and Values Perspective requirement.
- Play Critique: 4-credit theater or 300-level literature elective.
- Introduction to Shakespeare in Text and Performance: LI 371 or LI 372, or 4-credit theater or literature elective.
- The Rise and Fall of the British Empire and the emergence of the Commonwealth, c. 1800-1965: 4-credit history course that will fulfill the Historical Perspective requirement.
- Sex, Gender and the City: LI 482, 4-credit interdisciplinary or literature elective. May also be used to fulfill an elective for Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies Minor.
- Developing Economies: Social, Political, and Economic Change: - 4-credit economics course that will fulfill the global diversity requirement.
- Politics of Protest, 1640-Present: 4-credit interdisciplinary course that will fulfill the Interdisciplinary Perspective general education requirement.
- Britain and Slavery, 1562-1865: 4-credit Interdisciplinary course that will fulfill both the Interdisciplinary Perspective and the Global Diversity requirements.
Additional courses may be added. As with all transfer credits, participants must earn grades of C or better for the credits to transfer back to Emerson. Courses subject to change.
This program is offered by the College of Global Studies at Arcadia University, not Emerson College.
The ISEP Office will assist Emerson students with program information and the application process, but program responsibility lies with Arcadia University, not Emerson (including but not limited to admission decisions).
London City View
The program runs from June 3 – July 27, 2013. Applicants must have a minimum 2.8 GPA to apply. The application deadline is March 31, 2013. Interested students must apply through Arcadia University.