Berklee Valencia Global Studies Program
Fall 2013 / Spring 2014 Estimated* Costs
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL FINANCIAL AID, INCLUDING EMERSON GRANTS AND SCHOLARSHIPS WILL TRANSFER TO A FALL OR SPRING SEMESTER IN THE BERKLEE VALENCIA PROGRAM.
|Tuition (Full Time 12 - 16 credits)||Undergraduates||$17,536|
|Berklee Valencia Residence Housing Single Room||$6,395|
|Berklee Valencia Residence Housing Double Room||$5,075|
|Health Insurance||If your current health insurance plan meets State of MA mandated coverage requirements, you can deduct the cost of the Emerson health insurance plan from your bill. In order to waive this fee, you’ll need to fill out a Student Health Insurance Plan Online Waiver Form. Full Year Undergraduate (8/15/13–8/14/14)||
|ACE Travel Assistance Program||This insurance program will cover certain healthcare expenses incurred while traveling on the Valencia study abroad program. Program students will receive an ACE Travel Assistance Information Card from Berklee Valencia program administrators. Prescription medication is not covered.||Included|
|Estimated undergraduate charges for an Emerson student living in a double room and keeping the EC student health insurance plan||$24,177|
Health Insurance Coverage in Valencia, Spain.: Required by Emerson College and Berklee College of Music.
ACE TRAVEL INSURANCE - EUROP ASSISTANCE PLAN is provided by Berklee Valencia (free of charge) for all Emerson students participating in the Berklee Valencia Global Studies Program. An ACE Travel Assistance Program insurance policy and policy card will be distributed to the Emerson students during Orientation week.
Housing: Students will live in the Galileo Galilei Student Resident Hall located on the Polytechnic University of Valencia campus. Each room comes with a private bathroom, twin size bed (including a pillow, blanket and bedspread), desk, shelves, closet, chair, telephone, wake-up service, heat or air-conditioning depending on the season, Wi-Fi, and Internet connection. The cost of housing includes electricity, water, twice-weekly maid service, and a change of towels and fresh sheets each week. The residence hall has laundry facilities, t.v. rooms, study rooms, a gym, a music room, games room, photo lab, open-air terrace and a full kitchen on each floor. Galileo Galilei Residence is close to public transportation.
Extra costs involved in attending the Berklee Valencia Global Studies Program
- Travel arrangements to/from Valencia, Spain - estimated at $800 - $1400
- Meal Plan (optional) - $230 - $400 per month depending on the option you choose
- The cost of meals if you don't want the meal plan option
- Cost of insurance for laptops and/or musical instruments you bring to Valencia
- Spending money for food, restaurants, entertainment, independent travel and activities, etc. - varies by individual
- Passport - New or Renewal - $110 +
- Student Visa fee - estimated between $80 - $160
- Travel to/from Valencia Airport to the Residence Hall - approximately $40 each way
- Cost of books and class materials - $250
- Cost for Private Musical Instruction from a Berklee professor is $2,586
The modern campus of Berklee Valencia
Berklee Valencia campus is part of the futuristic “Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias" architectural complex