Spring & Fall 2014 Costs
Spring & Fall 2014 *Estimated* Costs
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL FINANCIAL AID, INCLUDING EMERSON GRANTS AND SCHOLARSHIPS WILL TRANSFER TO A FALL OR SPRING SEMESTER IN THE BERKLEE VALENCIA PROGRAM.
|Tuition (Full Time 12 - 16 credits)||Undergraduates||* $17,536|
|Berklee Valencia Residence Housing Single Room (cost does not include meals - students can choose to buy a meal plan - see below)||* $6,395|
|Berklee Valencia Residence Housing Double Room (cost does not include meals - students can choose to buy a meal plan - see below)||* $5,075|
|Health Insurance||If your current health insurance plan meets State of MA mandated coverage requirements, you can deduct the cost of the Emerson health insurance plan from your bill. In order to waive this fee, you’ll need to fill out a Student Health Insurance Plan Online Waiver Form. Full Year Undergraduate (8/15/14–8/14/15)||
Two Group Excursions
|The Berklee Valencia Program offers Emerson students the chance to take two guided trips. One trip is to the capitol city of Madrid by fast train. The second trip is to the beautiful Andalusian city of Granada, Spain by bus. The cost of both trips are included as part of the housing cost. The trips include round-trip transportation to the city, guided tours, museum visits, a couple of cultural events and hotel accommodation and 1 meal per day.||Included|
|ACE Travel Assistance Program||This insurance program will cover most healthcare expenses incurred while participating in the Valencia study abroad program. Program students will receive an ACE Travel Assistance Information Card from Berklee Valencia program administrator during orientation week in Valencia. Prescription medication is not covered.||Included|
|Estimated undergraduate charges for an Emerson student living in a double room and keeping the EC student health insurance plan||$24,177|
Health Insurance Coverage in Valencia, Spain.: Required by Emerson College and Berklee College of Music.
ACE TRAVEL INSURANCE - EUROP ASSISTANCE PLAN is provided by Berklee Valencia (free of charge) for all Emerson students participating in the Berklee Valencia Global Studies Program. An ACE Travel Assistance Program insurance policy and policy card will be distributed to the Emerson students during Orientation week.
Housing: Students will live in the Galileo Galilei Student Resident Hall located on the Polytechnic University of Valencia campus. Each room comes with a private bathroom, twin size bed (including a pillow, blanket and bedspread), desk, shelves, closet, chair, telephone, wake-up service, heat or air-conditioning depending on the season, Wi-Fi, and Internet connection. The cost of housing includes electricity, water, twice-weekly maid service, and a change of towels and fresh sheets each week. The residence hall has laundry facilities, one common t.v. room, study rooms, a gym, a music room, games room, photo lab, open-air terrace and a full kitchen on each floor. Galileo Galilei Residence is close to public transportation.
Extra costs involved in attending the Berklee Valencia Global Studies Program
- Flight arrangements to/from Valencia, Spain - estimated at $1100 - $1500
- Passport - New or Renewal - $110 +
- Student Visa fee - estimated between $80 - $160
The cost of meals is very inexpensive in Valencia. (If you you decide NOT to purchase a meal plan at the Residence Hall.)
- The Berklee Valencia campus has a cantina where students can buy breakfast or lunch.
- A one plate lunch at the Berklee Cantina is €2.80 and if you want a full meal (a couple of plates, coffee, drink and dessert it's around €5).
- A full course meal at a restaurant in Valencia is about €11
- A Meal Plan is offered. (optional) - $230 - $400 per month depending on the option you choose
- Travel to/from Valencia Airport to the Residence Hall - approximately €35 each way
- Cost of books and class materials - estimated at $250. Although most books can be found in the Berklee Valencia campus library.
- Spending money entertainment and independent travel and activities, etc. - varies by individual. Students who intend to travel around Spain on free weekends should plan at least $2,000 in spending money for this.
- Cost of insurance for laptops and/or musical instruments you bring to Valencia
- Cost for Private Musical Instruction from a Berklee professor is $2,586
As part of their housing fee Emerson students will visit the beautiful city of Granada, Spain in the autonomous community of Andalusia. Granada is home to the World Heritage Site, Alhambra Citadel and Palace and the city is famous for its Moorish architecture.
The modern campus of Berklee Valencia