Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 Costs
Berklee Study Abroad - Valencia Spain
Fall 2014 & Spring 2015 *Estimated Costs
|Tuition (Full Time 12 - 16 credits)||Undergraduates||
|Comprehensive Fee (details TBA)||$ 536|
|Berklee Valencia Residence Housing Single Room (cost does not include meals - students can choose to buy a meal plan - see below)||$ 4,175|
|Berklee Valencia Residence Housing Double Room (cost does not include meals - students can choose to buy a meal plan - see below)||$ 2,765|
|Health Insurance||If your current health insurance plan meets State of MA mandated coverage requirements, you can deduct the cost of the Emerson health insurance plan from your bill. In order to waive this fee, you’ll need to fill out a Student Health Insurance Plan Online Waiver Form. Full Year Undergraduate (8/15/14–8/14/15)||
|ACE Travel Assistance Program||Emerson students will receive an ACE Travel Assistance Information Card from a Berklee Valencia program administrator during orientation week in Valencia.This insurance card will cover most healthcare expenses students may incur while participating in the Berkleee Valencia study abroad program.Prescription medication is not covered.||Included|
|Estimated undergraduate charges for an Emerson student living in a double room||$21,626|
ACE TRAVEL INSURANCE - EUROP ASSISTANCE PLAN is provided by Berklee Valencia (free of charge) for all Emerson students participating in the Berklee Valencia Global Studies Program. An ACE Travel Assistance Program insurance policy and policy card will be distributed to the Emerson students during Orientation week.
Housing: Students will live in the Galileo Galilei Student Resident Hall located on the Polytechnic University of Valencia campus. Each room comes with a private bathroom, twin size bed (including a pillow, blanket and bedspread), desk, shelves, closet, chair, telephone, wake-up service, heat or air-conditioning depending on the season, Wi-Fi, and Internet connection. The cost of housing includes electricity, water, twice-weekly maid service, and a change of towels and fresh sheets each week. The residence hall has laundry facilities, one common t.v. room, study rooms, a gym, a music room, games room, photo lab, open-air terrace and a full kitchen on each floor. Galileo Galilei Residence is close to public transportation.
Extra costs involved in attending the Berklee Study Abroad - Valencia, Spain Program
- Flight arrangements to/from Valencia, Spain - estimated at $800 - $1200 (based on round-trip airfare Boston-Valencia)
- Passport - New or Renewal - $110 +
- Student Visa fee - estimated between $80 - $160
The cost of meals is very inexpensive in Valencia. (If you you decide NOT to purchase a meal plan at the Residence Hall.)
- The Berklee Valencia campus has a cantina where students can buy breakfast or lunch.
- A one plate lunch at the Berklee Cantina is €2.80 and if you want a full meal (a couple of plates, coffee, drink and dessert it's around €5).
- A full course meal at a restaurant in Valencia is about €11
- A Meal Plan is offered. (optional) - $220 - per month and available for purchase at the student residence hall. The price listed is for 2 meals a day (breakfast plus either lunch or dinner).
- Travel to/from Valencia Airport to the Residence Hall - approximately €35 each way
- Cost of books and class materials - estimated at $250. Although most books can be found in the Berklee Valencia campus library.
- Spending money entertainment and independent travel and activities, etc. - varies by individual. Students who intend to travel around Spain on free weekends should plan at least $2,000 in spending money for this.
- Cost of insurance for laptops and/or musical instruments you bring to Valencia
- Cost for Private Musical Instruction from a Berklee professor is $2,586
- There may be an optional trip to Granada, Spain. The cost will be $570. Details of the trip and how to pay will be determined at a later date.
current as of 5/29/14 - cost subject to change
The modern campus of Berklee Valencia