Emerson students will live in a modern, well-equipped student residence hall called Galileo Galilei located on the Valencia Polytechnic University campus. The property is centrally located, just two miles from the Berklee campus. The residence hall is a 15 minute bus ride to the Berklee Valencia campus, the city center, or the beach. It’s a 15 minute bike ride or 30 minute walk to campus.
Emerson students have a choice of a single room with private bath or double room with bath shared by the two roommates. The layouts of each room vary, but each room comes with a private bathroom, twin size bed (including a pillow, blanket and bedspread), desk, shelves, closet, chair, telephone, wake-up service, heat or air-conditioning depending on the season, and Internet. The cost of housing includes sheets/towels and weekly cleaning services. Each room is different, but most rooms are filled with natural light, are spacious and modern and have a small balcony. The residence hall has laundry facilities, t.v. rooms, study rooms, a gym, a music room, games room, photo lab, open-air terrace and a full kitchen on each floor. Galileo Galilei Residence is close to public transportation, and there is a pizza shop, cafe, bakery and convenience store located on street level. The residence also offers a wide range of educational, leisure and sports activities.
Students will have the opportunity to request the type of room they want after they are accepted to the program and attend a cultural orientation session. Students can request a specific room mate or have one assigned randomly. Room numbers will be assigned during Orientaion week in Valencia.
The costs of meals are not included in the program. Once accepted to the program, students will have the option to sign up for one of several monthly meal plans offered by the student canteen. The self-service canteen is open 7 days a week.
- A 2 meals per day plan (breakfast plus either lunch or dinner) runs €177 (approximately $230 per month)
- Full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) is €295 (approximately $400 per month)
- Extra canteen services: Breakfast €3, Lunch €6, Dinner €6
- Students are not required to purchase a meal plan. Valencia is filled with many inexpensive and highly rated restaurants, so students have many choices for meals.
OTHER RESIDENCE HALL SERVICES
- Personal Laundry Service - Students can hire weekly laundry service, up to 6 kg, including ironing for €38 per month.
- Self Service Laundry - Washing machines cost €3 and dryers €1 per cycle.
- Small fridge rental - €11/month
- 19" t.v. rental - €11/month
Interior of a spacious, light filled double room with balcony at Galileo Galilei Residence Hall.
Berklee Valencia Student Canteen
The interior of one of Berklee Valencia's residence halls