Seunga Venus Jin
DEPARTMENT OF MARKETING COMMUNICATION
B.A. Yonsei University
M.A. University of Southern California
Ph.D. University of Southern California
Before Emerson College, Dr. Jin served as Assistant Professor of Communication at Boston College (2007-2013).
Within the primary domain of "New Media and Communication Technologies," Dr. Jin's publications revolve around the following three themes: (1) "Consumer Behavior and Marketing Communication"; (2) "Social Media and Computer-Mediated Communication"; and (3) "Health Communication Through Social Media and Emerging Technologies".
She teaches "Understanding Consumers" and "Quantitative and Qualitative Research Methods" at the undergraduate level and "Consumer Behavior" and "Introduction to Research Methods" in the Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) program at the graduate level.
- Jin, S. A. (2011a, March). “I feel present. Therefore, I experience flow:” A structural equation modeling approach to flow and presence in video games. Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media, 55(1), 114-136. ISSN: 08838151
DOI: 10.1080/08838151.2011.546248 [*21]
- Jin, S. A. (2011b, March). The impact of 3D virtual haptics in marketing. Psychology & Marketing, 28(3), 240-255. DOI: 10.1002/mar.20390 [*6] ISSN: 15206793
* Note: Special Issue on “The Role of Touch in Marketing”
Jin, S. A. (2012a, June). “Toward integrative models of flow:” Effects of performance, skill, challenge, playfulness, and presence on flow in video games. Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media, 56(2), 169-186. ISSN: 08838151
DOI: 10.1080/08838151.2012.678516 [*13]
- Jin, S. A. (2012b, December). Self-discrepancy and regulatory fit in avatar-based exergames. Psychological Reports: Mental & Physical Health, 111(3), 697-710.ISSN: 00332941 [*3]
- Jin, S. A. (2012c, November). The virtual malleable self and the virtual identity discrepancy model: Investigative frameworks for virtual possible selves and others in avatar-based identity construction and social interaction. Computers in Human Behavior, 28(6), 2160-2168. [*6] ISSN: 07475632
- Jin, S. A. (2012d, October). The potential of social media for luxury brand management: A structural equation modeling approach. Marketing Intelligence & Planning, 30(7), 687-699. [*22] ISSN: 02634503 DOI: 10.1108/02634501211273805
- Jin, S. A. (2012e, March). Effects on mood of activating the private versus the collective self. Social Behavior and Personality: An International Journal, 40(2), 189-194. [*1] ISSN: 03012212 DOI: 10.2224/sbp.2012.40.2.189
- Jin, S. A. (2012f, January). “To disclose or not to disclose, that is the question:” A structural equation modeling approach to communication privacy management in e-health. Computers in Human Behavior, 28(1), 69-77. ISSN: 07475632
DOI: 10.1016/j.chb.2011.08.012 [*11]
- Ahn, D., Jin, S. A., & Ritterfeld, U. (2012, January). “Sad movies don’t always make me cry:” The cognitive and affective processes underpinning enjoyment-of-tragedy. Journal of Media Psychology, 24(1), 9-18. [*8] ISSN: 18641105
Jin, S. A. (2013a, September). “Peeling back the multiple layers of Twitter’s private disclosure onion:” The roles of virtual identity discrepancy and personality traits in communication privacy management on Twitter. New Media & Society, 15(6), 813-833 [*8] ISSN: 14614448
- Jin, S. A. (2013b, September). The moderating role of sensation seeking tendency in robotic haptic interfaces. Behaviour & Information Technology, 32(9), 862-873. ISSN: 0144929x DOI:10.1080/0144929X.2012.687769
Jin, S. A., & Phua, J. (2014, April). “Following celebrities’ Tweets about brands:” The impact of Twitter-based electronic word-of-mouth (eWoM) on consumers’ source credibility perception, buying intention, and social identification with celebrities. Journal of Advertising, 43(2), 181-195.
[*13: Google Scholar Citation] ISSN: 00913367
- Jin, S. V. & Martin, C. (2015, in press). “A match made… online?” The effects of user-generated online dater profile types (free-spirited versus uptight) on other users’ perception of trustworthiness, interpersonal attraction, and personality. CyberPsychology, Behavior, & Social Networking
- Jin, S. V. & Phua, J. (2015, in press). “Making reservations online”: The impact of consumer-written and system-aggregated user-generated content (UGC) in travel booking Web sites on consumers’ behavioral intentions. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, ISSN: 00472875
- Jin, S. V., Phua, J., & Lee, K. M. (2015, May). “Telling stories about breastfeeding through Facebook”: The impact of user-generated content (UGC) on pro-breastfeeding attitudes. Computers in Human Behavior, 46, 6-17. ISSN: 07475632
- Jin, S. V. & Phua, J. (2015, February). The moderating effect of computer users’ autotelic need for touch on brand trust, perceived brand excitement, and brand placement awareness in haptic games and in-game advertising (IGA). Computers in Human Behavior, 43, 58-67. ISSN: 07475632