Roxana D. Maiorescu
DEPARTMENT OF MARKETING COMMUNICATION
B.A. Babes Bolyai University
M.A. Virginia Polytechnic Institute
Ph.D. Purdue University
Dr. Roxana D. Maiorescu specializes in global public relations and social media. Her research interests are: organizational culture, leadership, and employee communication. Prior to joining Emerson College, Roxana taught at Purdue University.
Maiorescu, R. (2012). Web 2.0: Engaging internal and external constituencies. Business Research Yearbook, 19(1), 120-126.
DeLung, J., Magee, R., DeLauder, R., & Maiorescu, R. (2012). Proximity and framing in news media: Effects on credibility, bias, recall, and reader intention. Journalism and Mass Communication, 2(7), 748-758.
Maiorescu, R. (2012). Daimler's bribery case. In S.K. May (Ed.), Case Studies in Organizational Communication: Ethical Perspectives and Practices (pp.219-229). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
Maiorescu, R. (2013). Grounded theory method: New means to assess stakeholders' perception of organizational values. International Journal of Interdisciplinary Research, 2 (1), 63-70.
Williams, A.P., & Maiorescu, R. (2014). Evaluating candidate campaign e-mail messages in U.S presidential election 2012. In J.A. Hendricks & D. Schill (Eds.), Presidential Campaigning and Social Media. NY: Oxford University Press.
Maiorescu, R. (2015). Public relations for the bereaved: Online interactions in a community for stillbirth and neonatal death charity. Public Relations Review, 41 (2), 293-295.
- Hackett, P. M.W., & Maiorescu, R. (2015). What is consumer ethnography? The ‘big E’ and ‘little e’ in consumer research. In Paul M.W. Hackett (Ed.), Qualitative Research Methods in Consumer Psychology: Ethnography and Culture. New York, NY: Routledge.
Maiorescu, R. D. (2016). Crisis management at General Motors and Toyota: An analysis of gender-specific communication and media coverage. Public Relations Review., 42(2), 673-678.
Maiorescu, R.D., & Wrigley, B. J. (in press). Diversity in multinational corporations. New York, NY: Routledge.
Maiorescu, R.D. (2016). Deutsche Telekom’s spying scandal. An international application of the image repair discourse. Public Relations Review, 42(2), 556-563.
Maiorescu, R.D., & Eberhardinger, M. J. (2016). A future direction for integrating workforce diversity across the curriculum: A case study of strategic planning, interdisciplinary research, and co-teaching. In C. L. Scott & J.D. Sims (Eds.), Developing Workforce Diversity Programs, Curriculum and Degrees in Higher Education. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Maiorescu, R. (2016). Providing comfort, giving support, and raising awareness: Stillbirth communication in online communities. Clinics in Mother & Child Health, 13(1).
Awards & Honors
- Doctoral Merit Fellowship, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Alan H. Monroe Graduate Scholar, Purdue University
- Top Paper Award, International Academy of Business Disciplines
- Bilsland-Puskas Memorial Fellowship, Purdue University
Plank Center Educator Fellowship: General Motors Global Headquarters
Inclusive Excellence Faculty Fellow, Emerson College
- Presidential Fund for Curricular Innovation, Emerson College