DEPARTMENT OF MARKETING COMMUNICATION
B.A. Babes Bolyai University
M.A. Virginia Polytechnic Institute
Ph.D. Purdue University
Dr. Roxana Maiorescu's research focuses on global public relations. She has published on organizational culture, crisis management, and corporate identification. She received research awards from the International Academy of Business Disciplines and Purdue University. Her work was published by Sage and Oxford University Press.
Prior to joining Emerson College, Dr. Maiorescu taught at Purdue University.
- Maiorescu, R., & Bendus, M. (2011). Top management pressure that leads to suicide: A critical analysis of the France Telecom suicide crisis from the perspective of the Linguistic Image Restoration Model. Proceedings of the 14th IPRRC
Maiorescu, R. (2012). Daimler's bribery case. In S.K. May (Ed.), Case Studies in Organizational Communication: Ethical Perspectives and Practices (pp.219-229). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Maiorescu, R. (2012). Web 2.0: Engaging internal and external constituencies. Business Research Yearbook, 19(1), 120-126.
- DeLung, J., Magee, R., DeLauder, R., & Maiorescu, R. (2012). Proximity and framing in news media: Effects on credibility, bias, recall, and reader intention. Journalism and Mass Communication, 2(7), 748-758.
- Maiorescu, R. (2013). Blogging and stakeholders: New means to assess perceptions. Business Research Yearbook, 20.
- Williams, A.P., & Maiorescu, R. (in press). Evaluating textual and technical interactivity in candidate email messages during the 2012 U.S. presidential campaign. In J.A. Hendricks & D. Schill (Eds.), Presidential Campaigning and Social Media. NY: Oxford
AWARDS & HONORS
- Doctoral Merit Fellowship, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Alan H. Monroe Graduate Scholar, Purdue University
- Top Paper Award, International Academy of Business Disciplines
- Bilsland-Puskas Memorial Fellowship, Purdue University
Plank Center Educator Fellowship, The Plank Center for Leadership in Public Relations, host company: General Motors
Inclusive Excellence Faculty Fellow, Emerson College
Marketing and Sales, Distribution and Service Relationships (MK344)
Writing for Marketing Communication (MK621)
Global Public Relations (GM612)
Marketing and Marketing Communication (MK121)
Social Media: Connectivity, Interactivity, Buzz (MK358)