Office of Research & Creative Scholarship
Part-Time Faculty Professional Development Fund
The Part-Time Faculty Professional Development Fund (PTFF) supports the scholarly and creative activities of the affiliated faculty members of Emerson College. The Office of Academic Affairs administers the fund.
The application deadline for the PTFF for FY2017 will be on March 1, 2016.
Upcoming Grant Period: Grants awarded in FY2017 must be conducted between July 1, 2016 and June 30, 2017.
Previous Grant Period: Grants awarded in FY2016 must be conducted between July 1, 2015 and June 30, 2016.
- Internal Pre-Approval Form
- PTFF Funding
- Application Instructions
- FY2017 Calendar
- The PTFF Committee
Please submit your Internal Funding Proposal - Pre-Approval form to ORCS_preapproval@emerson.edu in the Office of Research and Creative Scholarship by the February 16, 2016 deadline outlined in the calendar.
Affiliated faculty members who are members of AFEC and who have taught at least one course during each of the prior three consecutive years (including 2015-2016) are eligible to apply for these funds.
The PTFF Grant will provide support for approved projects up to $1,500 each. The PTFF Committee make the final decision for funding and determination of awards.
Types of Activities Funded
- Travel and expenses leading to scholarly, peer-reviewed publications
- Travel and expenses leading to the production of creative and artistic works such as media productions, creative writing, performances, screenplays, exhibitions, audio and music productions, etc.
- Travel and expenses related to refereed conference presentations of scholarly or creative activities
- Travel and expenses related to presentations to industry-related conferences and conventions
- Expenses for attending seminars and conferences related to new course development
- Expenses for attending faculty development seminars and conferences to improve teaching skills
Types of Activities Not Funded
- Activities that are already defined as part of affiliated faculty members’ expected duties and responsibilities.
- Activities for which the affiliated faculty member is already receiving compensation, course release, or some other form of College support.
Criteria and Considerations
- Applications must be complete, clearly written, compelling, well defined and easily understood by all of the reviewers.
- Applications that are incomplete and do not follow directions may be disqualified.
- While applicants may apply for consecutive year awards, the committee will evaluate proposals that are a continuation of any previously funded projects to determine if funding is appropriate.
- Support for travel from the PTFF should be for activities that directly advance proposal activities.
- Applicants are required to submit a report of their project after completion.
- Eligible affiliated faculty members can access the online application and instructions through this link.
- Applicants should select PTFF 2017 to access the application.
- Applicants can fill out the application, save, and return to the application at any time until the application deadline on the calendar below.
|February 16, 2016||Internal Pre-Approval Form due to ORCS_preapproval@emerson.edu|
|March 1, 2016||PTFF applications are due.|
|April 1, 2016||Committee evaluation of all proposals and recommendations to the Vice President of Academic Affairs (VPAA) regarding proposal support and level of funding.|
|April 15, 2016||The VPAA, in consideration of the recommendations provided by the PTFF Committee, will make final selections and award determinations, and notify the Committee in writing about the final awards.|
|July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017||Approved projects conducted.|
|June 15, 2017||All receipts due to the Office of Academic Affairs for reimbursement of project expenses.|
|November 1, 2017||Final report due for projects conducted during FY2017 (to be filed online).|
Applications will be reviewed by the Part Time Faculty Professional Development Fund (PTFF) Committee (“the committee”) consisting of five (5) adjuncts, three of whom will be elected by the affiliated faculty, and two of whom will be appointed by the Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA). Members serving on the committee are not eligible to apply for awards from the Fund in the year(s) on which they are reviewing applications.