Faculty Development and Research Council
The Faculty Development and Research Council (FDRC) advises the College administration on issues that affect the research success of our faculty and students, including policies and procedures which will enhance the ability of the College to realize its potential for distinction in research, creative and scholarly activities. The FDRC will gather information and report to Faculty Assembly on both faculty research and faculty mentoring activities taking place at the departmental, school and college levels. In addition, members of the FDRC shall establish standing procedures for the awarding of relevant internal grant programs and external limited submission funders and shall serve as reviewers for those programs.
The FDRC shall consist of full-time faculty members, one representing and elected by the faculty within each department plus a representative from the Institute for Liberal Arts and Interdisciplinary Studies. Representatives shall be elected by the April meeting of the Faculty Assembly. The FDRC is co-chaired by the Associate Vice President for Research and Creative Scholarship and a faculty member elected from membership.
2013-2014 Faculty Development and Research Council
- Elizabeth Demski (Co-Chair), Office of Research and Creative Scholarship
- Rhiannon Luyster, Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Richard West (Co-Chair), Communication Studies
- Doug Struck, Journalism
- Anthony Lowrie, Marketing Communication
- Kathleen Donahue, Performing Arts
- Jean Stawarz, Visual and Media Arts
- Jessica Treadway, Writing, Literature and Publishing
- Cara Moyer-Duncan, the Institute for Liberal Arts and Interdisciplinary Studies