Office of Research and Creative Scholarship
Consumer Awareness Project
- Internal Pre-Approval Form
- Examples of Eligible Projects
- Review Process
- Application Instructions
- Final Progress Report Requirement
- Contact Information
The Consumer Awareness Project competition funds grants to support consumer awareness education and/or research projects. Grants are intended to:
- encourage new research or artistic endeavors that advance consumer awareness,
- provide seed money for the initiation of projects that subsequently may attract funding from other sources,
- encourage the development of relevant curriculum,
- encourage the involvement of students.
All faculty members - tenured, tenure-track, full-time, and part-time - are eligible to apply.
In evaluating proposals, the committee will consider:
- the degree to which the proposal advances consumer awareness education and research;
- the quality, merits, feasibility, and adequacy of the proposed project/activity; and
- the potential benefits to the applicant’s department, school or the College, and its students.
- Initial investigations of relevant literature or field research
- Organization of pilot projects
- Gaining access to specialized equipment, computer time or research facilities
- Work with a noted scholar or researcher to enhance professional skills which will facilitate the applicant’s own research, scholarship, or instruction
- Enrollment as a learner/participant in courses, seminars or workshops to improve and/or incorporate an identifiable body of new material
All online applications will be reviewed by the Faculty Development and Research Council (FDRC). Applicants will need to fill out and submit the Emerson College Internal Funding Proposal - Pre-Approval Form before the application deadline in order to identify and define the proposal's impact on workload and College resources. The FDRC will make the final decisions for funding.
|February 18, 2016 – March 16, 2016||Application period|
|March 2||Internal Funding Pre-Approval forms due to ORCS_Preapproval@emerson.edu|
|March 16||Online application deadline|
|April 15||FDRC final decisions|
|April 30||Notifications to applicants|
|July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017||Grant Period (funds become available to awardees)|
|June 15, 2017||Receipts for product expenditures seeking reimbursement must be turned in to Academic Affairs by this date in order to be honored|
|October 1, 2017||Final progress report due to the Office of Research and Creative Scholarship|
- Eligible faculty members can access the online application and instructions through eCampus using their ECNet login.
- Applicants should select the Consumer Awareness Project (CAP FY2017) to access the application.
- Applicants can fill out the application, save, and return to finish at any time until the application deadline on the calendar above.
By October 1, following the completion of a funded CAP proposal, faculty member awardees should provide the below report of the proposal and its outcomes via e-mail to the Office of Research and Creative Scholarship, who will share the report with the FDRC.
Questions can be directed to Eric Asetta in the Office of Research and Creative Scholarship.
5 Emerson Faculty Members Receive Massachusetts Cultural Council Artist Fellowships for 2015