How to Print in the Library
There is a charge of seven cents per sheet to print in the Library.
From your Laptop
See how to connect to the Library's printers from your laptop.
At the Workstation
- Send a print command as you normally would. For example, by going to the File menu and choosing Print. (NOTE: Method may vary depending on the program you are printing from; see the Reference Desk for assistance.) Instructions for double-sided printing.
- Note the name of your workstation. (When you go to pay for and pick up your printouts, you'll need to find your workstation name on the print station screen.)
- When you are ready to pick up your print jobs, proceed to a print station. Print jobs will stay on the print station for up to two hours.
At the Print Release Station
- Swipe your Emerson ID card to display the list of print jobs in the queue. If you do not have an Emerson ID card, ask at the Reference Desk.
- Select your job by clicking on it once. Note the number of pages and the charge to print.
- Click Print to release the print job to the Printer.
- Collect your printouts.
- Click Logout on the screen. If you do not log out, the next person could use your credits!
If you need help at any time, please ask at the Reference Desk.
Money Saving Tips
- If available, use Print Preview and only print the pages you need. Print Preview can usually be found under the File menu.
- Save your work to a USB drive or your Pages folder instead of printing.
- Most databases, such as LexisNexis Academic and Academic Search Premier, allow you to email search results instead of printing.