Study Rooms Policy
Study rooms are for academic purposes only. This includes group work and media viewing for courses. Rooms on the fourth and fifth floors are equipped with VHS/DVD/CD playback equipment and may be used to view the Library media collection.
Auditions and rehearsals are not permitted. To reserve a space for a performance or a rehearsal, contact the Max Mutchnick Campus Center (150 Boylston Street, 617-824-8680), which manages space at 80 and 150 Boylston Street to support meetings, auditions, rehearsals, performances, and other events.
Making a Reservation
Group study rooms may be reserved for up to two hours at a time. Reservations may be made at the Circulation Desk or by phone at 617-824-8668. You may reserve a study room up to two weeks in advance. Markers and erasers are available for check-out at the Reserve Desk.
Keys & Remote Controls
- Keys for study rooms on the third floor are available at the Reserve Desk.
- Keys to unlock the media cabinets in the fourth and fifth floor study rooms are available at the Media Desk. Remotes are also available at the Media Desk.
- Study room keys and remotes must be returned on time. Failure to do so will result in a fine of $1 per hour.
- Please keep the study rooms neat and return all furniture to its proper place.
- If you engage in destructive or disruptive behavior, you will be asked to leave the study room.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late for your study room reservation, we reserve the right to check the room out to another party.
- If you are using a room someone else has reserved in advance, you must leave when they arrive.