Professional Development Program
A professional development program preparing Emerson graduate students for the "next" step through skill and career preparation workshops, guest speakers, and networking opportunities.
Internship Fair Prep Workshops
When: Four different dates, see table below
Where: 6th Floor Conference Room, 216 Tremont
Who: Career Services
At the Internship Fair Prep Workshops, you can:
- Learn how to get the most from attending the Spring 2015 Internship Fair
- Find out how to identify opportunities and how to create opportunities for yourself
- Learn how to approach potential employers
- Gather tips for working the room and approaches to networking
- Learn how to make a good first impression and walk away with solid leads
|February 17, 2015||3:00 - 4:00pm|
|February 19, 2015||4:00 - 5:00pm|
|February 20, 2015||2:00 - 3:00pm|
|February 23, 2015||2:00 - 3:00pm|
Spring 2015 Internship Fair
When: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 1:00 - 4:00pm
Where: Courtyard Marriott Boston
Who: Emerson Graduate Students
Each fall and spring semester, Career Services hosts the Internship Fair with 50 employers offering internship opportunities for Emerson students. The range of organizations is diverse within the arts and communication fields.
There are many resources available around Emerson to help you in your career search.
- Get information about setting up internships or conducting your job search.
- Find resources for career development and job search
- Visit eHire
- Set up an appointment to meet with a career counselor.
- Informational Interviewing
- Graduate Student Association (GSA)
- Watch archived webinars given by Emerson alumni
- Lynda.com (Learn how to get a free account through Emerson as a student)
Previous NEXTchats have been recorded and are available for viewing for graduate students. After clicking on the linked NEXTchats, students will have to put in their username and password. The recorded chat will then launch.
NEXTchat — BBDO: What to Know
Hosted by Julia Pawling, MA’12
NEXTchat — The Business of Story: What the Future of Content Looks Like & How to Live Off It
Hosted by Terry Trespicio, MFA’02, VP of Talent and Business Development, 2 Market Media
NEXTchat - Chadwick Martin Bailey: What to Know
Hosted by Alyse Dunn, MA'12
NEXTchat — Coty: What to Know
Hosted by Daphnee Allen, GMCA '08
NEXTchat — FleishmanHillard: What to Know
Hosted by Jeffrey Weir, MA'03
NEXTchat — Google: What to Know
Hosted by Sammie Baime, ’08
NEXTchat - Rodale: What to Know
Hosted by Faye Brennan, '09