The mission of Institutional Research (IR) is to support Emerson College by providing accurate and meaningful information and analysis to Emerson decision makers, the Emerson community, and external stakeholders in order to enhance institutional effectiveness.
- Supporting Emerson College in evaluation/assessment efforts.
- Assisting in the standardization of data to create uniformity and consistency.
- Generating and disseminating data and information in a usable and useful format.
- Coordinating and completing appropriate reports and surveys requested by state and federal agencies, accrediting agencies, and external marketing services.
- Collaborating with other areas to administer and analyze survey results.
- Serving as consultants for survey and other research services.
Selected Reports and Surveys Conducted, Supported, or Analyzed
- 5-Year-Out Alumni Survey
- American Association of University Professors (AAUP)
- American Society of Composers, Authors & Publishers (ASCAP)
- Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education (COACHE)
- Course Evaluations
- Departmental Self-Studies
- Grade Distributions
- Graduating Senior Survey
- Higher Education Data Sharing (HEDS) Consortium Research Practices Survey
- Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
- National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE)
- Sophomore Survey
New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) Visiting Team Report
The New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) visiting team report can be found at http://press.emerson.edu/neasc/?p=85. You will need to log in with your Emerson username and password to view the report.
Grade Distributions | Fall 2013 Results