The mission of Institutional Research (IR) is to support Emerson College by providing accurate and meaningful information and analysis to Emerson decision makers, the Emerson community, and external stakeholders in order to enhance institutional effectiveness.
- Supporting Emerson College in evaluation/assessment efforts.
- Assisting in the standardization of data to create uniformity and consistency.
- Generating and disseminating data and information in a usable and useful format.
- Coordinating and completing appropriate reports and surveys requested by state and federal agencies, accrediting agencies, and external marketing services.
- Collaborating with other areas to administer and analyze survey results.
- Serving as consultants for survey and other research services.
- 2012 Five-Year-Out Alumni Survey - Executive Summary
- 2012 Graduating Senior Survey - Executive Summary
- 2012 Sophomore Survey - Highlights
Selected Reports and Surveys Conducted, Supported, or Analyzed
- 5-Year-Out Alumni Survey
- American Association of University Professors (AAUP)
- American Society of Composers, Authors & Publishers (ASCAP)
- Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education (COACHE)
- Course Evaluations
- Departmental Self-Studies
- Grade Distributions
- Graduating Senior Survey
- Higher Education Data Sharing (HEDS) Consortium Research Practices Survey
- Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
- National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE)
- Sophomore Survey
Office: 180 Tremont Street (Ansin Building), 13th Floor
Emerson College is currently undergoing its full ten-year review for reaccreditation in 2012-2013.