General Education Waivers
Certain General Education requirements may be waived based on particular examinations or experience as detailed below. Students who qualify for a waiver are exempt from taking certain courses/requirements, thus allowing the student to make alternate course selections. Academic credit is not granted for waivers.
Please be sure that Emerson’s Undergraduate Admission Office has your ACT/SAT scores and your final high school transcript so that you are awarded the proper waivers.
The Quantitative Reasoning General Education requirement is waived for students who achieve one of the following:
- A score of 550 or higher on the math portion of the SAT; or
- A score of 24 or higher on the ACT mathematics exam; or
- Four years of high school math with a grade of C or higher in each year.
The World Languages General Education requirement is waived for students for whom one of the following applies:
- Completion through the 3rd level of high school study in any one language; or
- English is not the student’s first language.
June 18th - Registration materials mailed to new incoming students
July 7th - Mail completed Registration Form and Survey to the Academic Advising Center
August 29th - Meet your academic advisor at the Academic Advising Meetings during orientation
September 3rd - First day of classes