DEPARTMENT OF TELEVISION, RADIO & FILM PRODUCTION
Policies & Forms
The Digital Production Laboratory 2 (DPL-2) is equipped with the latest digital imaging, sound recording, and graphics computers.
For more information regarding TRF policies, and forms for shooting permissions, see below. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF files.
All Emerson College students must follow these policies while shooting film/video or recording audio on Emerson College property, public property, and private property, and must follow these procedures to secure permission from the appropriate parties.
Students should submit the appropriate permit request to the Equipment Distribution Center (EDC) manager at least one week prior to a location shoot. Forms are available at the Equipment Distribution Center (EDC), and below:
- A1 On-Campus Location Permit Form
- A2 Public Location Permit Form
- A3 Private Property Request for Certificate of Insurance
Request for Tufte PPC and Journalism TV Studio Permit Form - A4
Production Safety Forms
Safety Form S1
Safety Form S1 is a location checklist. Students fill out the form in order to raise issues concerning safety. If a student has checked “No” on all of the questions, then there are no safety issues concerning that shoot that need to be addressed. The professor should sign off on the checklist and file it. If a student checks “Yes,” then a dialogue will open up between the student and professor. If the student checks “Yes,” this does not necessarily mean the student will not be able to shoot his or her intended idea. It begins the discussion of making movies in a safe manner.
Safety Form S2
If a student answers “Yes” to any of the questions on the S1 form, then the S2 form must be filled out. The student will note the question number and give an explanation of his or her intention. If it is reasonable and safe, the professor will sign off on the form and then file it. If the professor does not deem the shoot safe, an alternative method should be figured out. If it cannot be resolved, the student and/or professor can consult Lenny Manzo.
- Journalism Production Center - Policies & Procedures
- Paramount Film Sound Stage Policies & Procedures
- Tufte PPC TV Studios - Policies & Procedures
- Equipment and Facility Lending Policies of Television, Radio & Film Productions (TRF)
- Policies on Use of Performance and Rehearsal Facilities
VMA Student Production Safety Manual
Paramount Film Sound Stage Documents
- Paramount FSS Policies & Procedures Sign Off Form
- Paramount FSS 7D Prime Lens Kit Checkout Form
- Paramount FSS Camera Accessory Form
- Paramount FSS Camera Check Out Form
- Paramount FSS Equipment Check Out Form
- Paramount FSS Lighting Gear Check Out Form
- Paramount FSS Sound Gear Check List
- Paramount FSS Aaton Check-Out Form
- Paramount FSS Redrock Zacuto Check List
- Paramount FSS Loan Agreement
- Paramount FSS S4 Permit
- Paramount FSS Loading Dock Request Form
- Paramount FSS Loading Dock Rules and Regulations
- Paramount FSS Plot Normalized
- Paramount FSS Plot Stage Floor
- Paramount FSS Plot with Catwalk
- Paramount FSS Plot with Catwalk (no measurements)
- Paramount FSS Plot Without Catwalk (no stats)
- Paramount FSS Sound Gear Form
- Furniture and Prop Reservations
Tufte PPC TV Studios Documents
- Tufte PPC TV Studio A Plot
- Tufte PPC TV Studio B Plot
- Tufte PPC TV Studio A Plot Without Grid
- Tufte PPC TV Studio B Plot Without Grid
- Tufte PPC TV Studio A Monitor Wall
- Tufte PPC TV Studio B Monitor Wall
Talent Release Form
The Talent Release Form for Emerson College to use, reproduce, copy, exhibit, or distribute video tapes, audio tapes, photographs, or computer files:
television, radio & film production (trf) services
The Emerson Television Channels: Channels 3 & 56
One of the most innovative and forward-thinking college television stations in the nation, The Emerson Channel has become the primary source for news, entertainment, and educational programming for Emerson students.
Emerson Productions is the College's center for in-house video work, providing turnkey production services ranging from single and multi-camera videotaping to post-production and duplication.