Department of Television, Radio & Film Production (TRF)
Students edit their projects in the Digital Production Laboratory (DPL) 1.
Television, Radio, and Film Production (TRF) is Emerson College's center for production, post-production, and distribution. As Emerson is a professional communication college widely known for its hands-on approach, TRF supports its academic curriculum, faculty, and students with a wide array of video, audio, film, and new media facilities and equipment, operated and managed by a highly skilled professional staff.
The TRF Production Unit offers the following services:
- Video: Production, studio, and field
- Film: Production, studio, and field
- Audio: Production, studio, and field
- Digital Post-Production: Film, video, audio, and new media
- Broadcast Journalism Facilities
- The Emerson Television Channels: To reach and reflect the talent and knowledge of its faculty, students, and staff, TRF created The Emerson Channel (ECTV). Consisting of three closed-circuit television outlets, The Emerson Channel distributes college work to Boston Access Television.
- Emerson Productions: Emerson Productions produces dozens of training videos, presentations, and events coverage for both college and outside clients. In every instance, Emerson students are given key positions on these projects, ranging from camera shoots to interviewing and editing.
television, radio & film production (trf) services
The Emerson Television Channels: Channels 3 & 56
One of the most innovative and forward-thinking college television stations in the nation, The Emerson Channel has become the primary source for news, entertainment, and educational programming for Emerson students.
Emerson Productions is the College's center for in-house video work, providing turnkey production services ranging from single and multi-camera videotaping to post-production and duplication.