Office of Student Employment
On the Job
When you sign your Work Authorization Form, you are acknowledging that you have read and agree to comply with the conditions listed in the Student Employee Handbook. Among your obligations are the following:
- You are not permitted to work more than 20 hours per week when classes are in session or more than 40 hours per week when classes are not in session.
- You must fill out and initial timesheets every two weeks by 10 am on the due date.
- You will be held accountable for maintaining strict confidentiality for any and all potentially sensitive information you encounter in the course of performing your job.
- You will abide by your department’s policies and regulations, including any applicable dress codes.
- You must give your supervisor sufficient advance notice (usually 24 hours) if you will be unable to work during your scheduled time. Repeated absences are grounds for termination.
- You are required to give two weeks' notice if you decide to resign from your position.
- You must keep track of your Federal Work Study earnings and ensure that you do not exceed your award amount.
- You must notify your supervisor if your Federal Work Study award changes.
- You will abide by the College’s Code of Conduct, which absolutely prohibits harassment or discrimination on the basis of another’s sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.