Operation Identification is a nationally recognized theft prevention program that involves engraving property with traceable ownership information, as well as affixing a property identification sticker warning thieves that valuables are marked.
The Emerson College Police Department promotes Operation ID to discourage burglary and internal losses. Permanently marked property is difficult to pawn or convert to personal use.
You may register your personal property by contacting the Police Department at extension 8555 or 617-824-8555 to make an appointment. A sticker will be affixed to your property and all pertinent information will be entered into a searchable database maintained by the Police Department. You may also sign out an engraver to mark your property.
Tap and go
Emergency Line: 617-824-8888
Business Line (non-emergency requests and information): 617-824-8555
Security is everyone's responsibility at Emerson. These steps can help ensure your own safety and the safety of others:
1. Carry your student ID at all times and cooperate with College officials asking you to identify yourself.
2. When walking after dark, use the "buddy system." Stay on main streets with good lighting and pedestrian traffic.
3. Report all suspicious activity on Emerson property to the Police Department at 617-824-8555.
4. Do not invite unfamiliar individuals into campus facilities.
5. When entering and exiting a campus facility, secure the door behind you and follow check-in and check-out procedures.
6. Immediately report all incidents of theft, intrusion, or physical harm to the Police Department.
7. The MBTA provides safe and reliable service from 5:30 am to 12:30 am daily. To check routes and maps, visit www.mbta.com.