Pay for a taxi with ECcash
The Emerson Police Department offers several options for students to pay for taxi rides.
Pay With ECcash
Use Your ECCash card with the following cab companies:
Learn More about your ECCash card.
Don't have cash? Forgot your debit card in your dorm room? That's okay. Just swipe your student ID and pay.
Touch screen option: All you need to do is hit the "Student ID" option and select Emerson from the list of icons. Pay as you would with a credit card.
Pay With Vouchers
Emerson College has a contract with a local taxi service that provides a voucher program. If you know you will be out after dark and would prefer to come back to campus by taxi rather than public transport, you may sign out a voucher at the EC Police Department Office. The cost will be billed to your student account.
For this option, please call the number listed in the voucher only, as other taxi companies will not honor the voucher. The taxi cab response time will depend on weather conditions, time of day/night, and/or day of the week.
Tap and go
Emergency Line: 617-824-8888
Business Line (non-emergency requests and information): 617-824-8555
Violence Prevention & REsponse
For those impacted by power-based interpersonal violence, including sexual assault, stalking, and abusive relationships, visit Violence Prevention and Response »
Security is everyone's responsibility at Emerson. These steps can help ensure your own safety and the safety of others:
1. Carry your student ID at all times and cooperate with College officials asking you to identify yourself.
2. When walking after dark, use the "buddy system." Stay on main streets with good lighting and pedestrian traffic.
3. Report all suspicious activity on Emerson property to the Police Department at 617-824-8555.
4. Do not invite unfamiliar individuals into campus facilities.
5. When entering and exiting a campus facility, secure the door behind you and follow check-in and check-out procedures.
6. Immediately report all incidents of theft, intrusion, or physical harm to the Police Department.
7. The MBTA provides safe and reliable service from 5:30 am to 12:30 am daily. To check routes and maps, visit www.mbta.com.