Browse our list of safety resources.
- Violence Prevention and Response
- Recognizing & Helping Students in Distress
- Emerson Counseling and Psychological Services
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse Prevention
- Sexual Assault Response and Prevention
- Campus Access and Security Policy
- Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority (MBTA)
- MBTA Transit Police Department
- Boston Police Department
- Boston Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Boston Fire Department
- Boston Area Rape Crisis Center (BARCC)
- City of Boston homepage
- Safelink Boston
- Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency
- Massachusetts State Police
- Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV)
Tap and go
Emergency Line: 617-824-8888
Business Line (non-emergency requests and information): 617-824-8555
Security is everyone's responsibility at Emerson. These steps can help ensure your own safety and the safety of others:
1. Carry your student ID at all times and cooperate with College officials asking you to identify yourself.
2. When walking after dark, use the "buddy system." Stay on main streets with good lighting and pedestrian traffic.
3. Report all suspicious activity on Emerson property to the Police Department at 617-824-8555.
4. Do not invite unfamiliar individuals into campus facilities.
5. When entering and exiting a campus facility, secure the door behind you and follow check-in and check-out procedures.
6. Immediately report all incidents of theft, intrusion, or physical harm to the Police Department.
7. The MBTA provides safe and reliable service from 5:30 am to 12:30 am daily. To check routes and maps, visit www.mbta.com.