The Emerson College police need your help to prevent crime. Please report ANY suspicious activity or criminal acts on campus to us. If you have an off-campus emergency, call 911.
When you call to report a crime, remain calm and speak clearly. Stay on the phone until the police dispatcher has all the information needed.
The dispatcher will prompt you for information such as:
- Your exact location
- What is happening (i.e., robbery, medical emergency, fire, suspicious person)
- Your name and callback number (in case additional information is needed; your identity will remain confidential)
- Whenever possible, a detailed description of the person(s), vehicle(s), or property involved
- Sex, color, age
- Height and weight
- Clothing (color and style)
- Weapons (type)
- Method and direction of escape
- Make, model, and color
- License plate number
- Condition or outstanding characteristics
- Direction of travel
- Model number and style
- Serial or other identifying number(s)
- Any additional identifying information
Emergency Line: 617-824-8888
Business Line (non-emergency requests and information): 617-824-8555
Security is everyone's responsibility at Emerson. These steps can help ensure your own safety and the safety of others:
1. Carry your student ID at all times and cooperate with College officials asking you to identify yourself.
2. When walking after dark, use the "buddy system." Stay on main streets with good lighting and pedestrian traffic.
3. Report all suspicious activity on Emerson property to the Police Department at 617-824-8555.
4. Do not invite unfamiliar individuals into campus facilities.
5. When entering and exiting a campus facility, secure the door behind you and follow check-in and check-out procedures.
6. Immediately report all incidents of theft, intrusion, or physical harm to the Police Department.
7. The MBTA provides safe and reliable service from 5:30 am to 12:30 am daily. To check routes and maps, visit www.mbta.com.