The Emerson College Police Department (ECPD) needs the active participation of students, faculty, and staff to assist in maintaining a safe and secure campus.
While police and security departments are responsible for ensuring that our campus is as safe as possible, the primary responsibility for crime prevention and personal safety rests with each individual.
Voice Your Concerns About Crime and Potential Safety Problems
Do not wait until crimes occur or problems get out of control. Contact the Emerson College Police Department to report problems or suspicious activity.
Report Crimes and Provide Information About Crimes and Suspicious Activities
While on campus, call the Emerson College Police Department at 617-824-8888 to report ANY suspicious activity or criminal incidents. To report criminal incidents off campus, call 911. Accurate and timely reports of emergencies or suspicious incidents will assist the College police officers in a quick and effective response.
When you call, please remain calm and speak clearly. Stay on the phone until the police dispatcher has all the information needed.
Report Other Problems and Incidents
The Emerson College Police Department will assist with all problems brought to its attention and will help address the problem with the appropriate College department or government agency.
Seek Help with Personal Problems
If you or someone else has a personal problem you cannot handle, we encourage you to seek help before the problem causes further difficulties. The Counseling Center is a good place to start.
Work with the ECPD to Address and Solve Problems
We are only as effective as the relationships and partnerships we form with the community. When we work together with the community, we are in a better position to develop long-term solutions to problems by addressing their root causes.
Comment on ECPD Personnel Performance
The ECPD's relationship with the community is vital to achieving our mission. All community members should expect to be treated in a courteous and professional manner by members of the department. Your feedback is important.
Emergency Line: 617-824-8888
Business Line (non-emergency requests and information): 617-824-8555
Security is everyone's responsibility at Emerson. These steps can help ensure your own safety and the safety of others:
1. Carry your student ID at all times and cooperate with College officials asking you to identify yourself.
2. When walking after dark, use the "buddy system." Stay on main streets with good lighting and pedestrian traffic.
3. Report all suspicious activity on Emerson property to the Police Department at 617-824-8555.
4. Do not invite unfamiliar individuals into campus facilities.
5. When entering and exiting a campus facility, secure the door behind you and follow check-in and check-out procedures.
6. Immediately report all incidents of theft, intrusion, or physical harm to the Police Department.
7. The MBTA provides safe and reliable service from 5:30 am to 12:30 am daily. To check routes and maps, visit www.mbta.com.