The Emerson College Police Department provides emergency medical service, fire safety protection, transportation services, and many other services.
The Police Department is responsible for:
- The enforcement of all laws and regulations pertaining to the safety, security, and good order of the Emerson College community.
- Providing emergency medical service, fire safety protection, transportation services, and many other services, many of which are commonly recognized by modern law enforcement professionals as "community policing" practices.
The Chief of the Police Department is responsible for:
- The leadership, management, planning, organization, and administration of all activities of the Emerson College Police Department.
- Acting as a liaison for the College with local, state, and federal law enforcement and safety agencies.
The Emerson College Police Officers are appointed as Special State Police Officers under Massachusetts General Law Chapter 22C Section 63 by the Colonel of the Massachusetts Department of State Police.
Tap and go
Emergency Line: 617-824-8888
Business Line (non-emergency requests and information): 617-824-8555
Security is everyone's responsibility at Emerson. These steps can help ensure your own safety and the safety of others:
1. Carry your student ID at all times and cooperate with College officials asking you to identify yourself.
2. When walking after dark, use the "buddy system." Stay on main streets with good lighting and pedestrian traffic.
3. Report all suspicious activity on Emerson property to the Police Department at 617-824-8555.
4. Do not invite unfamiliar individuals into campus facilities.
5. When entering and exiting a campus facility, secure the door behind you and follow check-in and check-out procedures.
6. Immediately report all incidents of theft, intrusion, or physical harm to the Police Department.
7. The MBTA provides safe and reliable service from 5:30 am to 12:30 am daily. To check routes and maps, visit www.mbta.com.