Students Faculty & Staff Parents Alumni


Office of the Arts

Paramount Mainstage

The mezzanine then

The mezzanine then

The Paramount Theatre opened its doors on February 25, 1932 as one of the premiere art deco movie palaces built by Paramount Studios. Architects from the firm Elkus Manfredi worked with Evergreene Architectural Arts to replicate the paint and decorative motifs throughout the theatre to restore it to its original look. Today, the Paramount Center, which includes the adjoining "arcade" building, provides theater space, film screening room, rehearsal rooms, classrooms, and a dormitory.



The Paramount Mainstage seats 590, and is used for ArtsEmerson: The World on Stage productions.

View and download stage resources and information about the Paramount.