Media Services Mission Statement
The Media Services Center provides up-to-date, and relevant media resources and services to meet the needs of Emerson's administration, faculty, staff, and student body. The department engages in the following activities in pursuit of this goal.
- Providing, maintaining, and delivering audiovisual equipment to the College’s classrooms, and in the MSC.
- Specifying media technology, performing routine maintenance of this equipment, and training patrons in the operation of permanently installed equipment in the college's classrooms and meeting spaces.
- Making technology materials available to the Emerson community for use in the Media Services Center and in general use classroom settings.
- Informing faculty and students of the availability of these materials and providing guidance in their effective use.
- Assisting students in the planning and production of non-print projects that are not related to production courses.
- Consulting with special event planners to rent appropriate equipment and services to meet their needs.