I.T. Lab Operations
The guides below provide easy-to-follow instructions to get you started on your task of choice in our computer labs.
Most are available as printable PDF documents. For more general information technology guides, please visit the I.T. Help Desk Guides.
General Lab Use
Use these guides to complete common computing tasks quickly and easily. Become an expert on all the labs' features, such as scanning, inkjet photo printing, and 3D rendering.
- How to Print in the Labs (Web)
- Printing from Your Own Computer (Web)
- Double-Sided Printing (Web)
- Double-Sided Printing (PDF, 262 k)
- Photo Printing from the Epson 3800 (PDF, 471 k)
- Using the Render Farm for Maya (PDF, 389 k)
Using Special Fonts
Interested in using downloaded fonts in your projects? You'll need to install them properly! Also, you can access an immense number of fonts from the Adobe Type Collection in the labs by installing them from the Font Server.
File Management and Post-Production Workflow Guides
Managing your files correctly is imperative when dealing with audio and video. Please visit Emerson's Post-Production site for guides and advice.