There are a variety of free online learning and development resources available to Emerson staff. This page lists these resources, and gives some advice for how to use them for professional development.
Emerson College's IT department recently partnered up with Lynda.com Online Training Library to provide free access to thousands of video tutorials to Emerson's students, faculty, and staff. You can browse tutorials by subject, software, or author, or use the search bar to find what you need. There are videos on business, management, design, developer skills, and more. Emerson Information Technology has a great guide on how to sign up for a lynda.com account.
Examples of Available Courses
- Becoming a Thought Leader: Apply your expertise and authority by cultivating your presence as a thought leader in your industry.
- Enhancing Your Productivity: Discover and learn to focus on your most valuable activities in order to enhance your productivity.
- Building Your Professional Network: Grow your professional network and influence by building meaningful and lasting relationships.
- Thinking Like a Leader: Develop your strategic leadership by studying and making insightful connections between your company, your market, and your customer.
- Insights from a Career Coach: Professional career coach Valerie Sutton answers common questions about career development.
- Managing Your Career: Learn to proactively manage your career by building a career profile that guides your future growth.
- Achieving Your Goals: Set yourself up for success by learning to set realistic goals that can be broken into meaningful action steps.
Emerson Career Development
While Emerson Career Services mostly cater to student needs, this page still contains useful tips concerning cleaning up your online persona and making connections.
Emerson Library Database
Emerson's Iwasaki Library is located in the Walker Building, 120 Boylston Street, and its online database is a fantastic resource with subscriptions to academic journals, newspapers, full-text PDF research papers, and various other publications. We have access to a full-text edition of the weekly Boston Business Journal as well as full-text searchable articles from The Wall Street Journal since 1984. Staff are encouraged to use the library as a resource.
- Speak Like A Pro (a guide to public speaking): Site sponsored by Voice.com, includes links to many useful articles to prepare for giving a presentation. It also gives an inside look at the industry of voice-over artists.
- Motivation Center: Lots of interesting articles and links about employee motivation and creating a motivational workplace.
- Gallup Business Journal: Contains articles, books, and other resources on management and organizational and individual performance.
- The Boston Consortium: This website contains resources, communities of practice, and professional development that is available to Emerson as a member.
- Mind Tools: This website offers free articles and skills tests on leadership, management, communication, stress management, and much more.
If you have any comments or questions about this page, please email us and let us know!
contact emerson HR
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:45 am–5:00 pm
Office Location: 8 Park Plaza, Boston, MA 02116
Mailing Address: 120 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116
Emerson celebrated the opening of its new facility on Sunset Boulevard on January 12, 2014.
Emerson Los Angeles
Emerson College's new facility in Los Angeles is now open to students. We will continue to post new positions related to our expanded presence in Los Angeles. Further information will be available when Job Opportunities are posted.